“A LITTLE GEM”

Ranked #23 of 54 Ayr B&B and Inns
swansea
“A LITTLE GEM”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights 25th and 26th September,we were going to a concert in Glasgow .From arrival until departure they couldn`t do enough for you. The bedroom was very clean and very roomy.The shower was hot and toiletries supplied.On arrival tea offered and 4 pieces of delicious cake.There were more than ample teabags,coffee,hot chocolate,biscuits for a quick snack.Given own key as we were late back from concert.Both mornings started with a full freshly cooked breakfast.If your ever in this area please consider the Ardwell very good value for money and very nice people running it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dunvegan, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I consider myself fortunate to have found this excellent B&B. I only stayed one night, as a break in my solo journey from the Scottish Highlands to the south of England. Value for money was excellent - so many B&Bs require the payment of 'single supplements', but not so at Ardwell. I was offered tea or coffee on arrival, and my room also had a well-loaded tray of kettle, teabags, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits.

Although when booking online, I specified a single room, I was in fact accommodated in a large ensuite room which had both a single and king size double bed. Obviously, I had plenty of space! The room was very clean and smartly furnished, though to be picky, I'll mention a lack of full length mirror or table on which to place a laptop computer (wi-fi was freely available) and there was no shaver socket in the bathroom. I chose to sleep in the single bed, which had a supportive mattress and soft pillows. I have no reason to doubt that the double bed would be equally as comfortable.

Breakfast was served in the guest lounge/dining room. I had a 'full cooked', which was promptly presented and perfectly cooked. Service was just right - very friendly, but without being at all obtrusive.

Ardwell looks much like a small bungalow from the outside, the B&B accommodation being a large first floor extension to the rear with its own door to the outside. The location is on the outskirts of the small town of Mauchline - an interesting little place well worthy of a visit, and notable for its associations with the Bard, Robert Burns.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank HolidaySkye
edinburgh
Reviewed September 15, 2012

On the way to Arran we were very fortuneate to find this lovely B&B. We were given a warm welcome and the tea and pancakes on arrival were much appreciated. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We are not usually B&B types but stayed here when attending a friend's party in the village and we were so impressed! Una and Morton could not be more polite, warm and helpful! They were lovely to chat to but also gave us plenty of our own space. Our room was spacious, tastefully decorated and impeccably clean, and the in-room facilities were better than many hotels we've been to! Guest bedrooms and the breakfast room are via a seperate entrance and corridor to the family living spaces so you don't feel like you're having to sit in a stranger's living room or anything like that! Breakfast was perfect too, great selection of cereals and spreads for toast, lovely big Scottish Breakfast too and they offered to cook our eggs anyway we wanted, which we thought was a nice touch. Everything was cooked to perfection! Would definately recommend Ardwell to anyone. We both said we would love to go back here for a little weekend away or something.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Craigie Guest House
No photo provided
Dykefield Farm B&B
#1 of 2 in Mauchline
Beaches Guest House

Been to Ardwell Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!