“disappointing lunch”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My friend and I popped into the Beresford for a late lunch on Sunday, i am a regular here and have never really had a problem. I ordered a caesar salad, simple you would think, what looked like some old yellow lettuce a dry chicken breast and a boiled appeared, not thought to display or arrangement on the plate, it was awful. My friend ordered a stir fry , again simple and his portion was minuscule. Also service pretty awful, took ages to take plate away although i had left most of mine never asked if there was a problem, also long time before asked if we wanted coffee etc. I feel that they employ very young waitresses , not their fault but not trained to a high standard. overall i very disappointing visit.

2  Thank jack s
downtown888, Public Relations Manager at The Beresford, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. We were very sorry to hear you had a disappointing lunch on your visit. We have thoroughly investigated the circumstances of your visit to ensure this does not happen again. We regard your comments as constructive and will be having staff training in January. Unfortunately, as you didn't complain about your food at the time of your visit, we weren't given the opportunity to rectify the situation , but I can assure you this was not typical of the standard we have and it will not happen again. Thank you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Have just had lunch in the Beresford, myself and three friends. Firstly , 2 out of 4 drinks were incorrect. No apology when these were sent back. We ordered food which came promptly and was nice as ordered. However , half way through the meal everyone required another beverage. No member of staff came close. Finished meal - still no drinks. Then waited 15+ minutes for the tables to be cleared. However the table beside us was visited by a waitress at least 4 times. Eventually called over a waitress for the bill and left. Shocking service for a restaurant of this calibre. Won't be back.

1  Thank Deborah E
downtown888, Public Relations Manager at The Beresford, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hi Deborah, thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your visit with us. We're happy that you considered the food nice and were served promptly initially. However we are very sorry the services afterwards was slow. I have made some investigations and spoken with the Manager on duty that day and it does appear they were slightly short staffed due to a member of staff being off ill and an unexpected rush due to the holiday period. We consider all reviews positive ones as it helps us maintain our high standard of service. Thank you once again!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Looking for a quick lunch on 24th December we spied the Beresford was open for business. Despite being mostly pre booked on this date we managed to get a table for lunch. Great service on this busy day and excellent food.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We've been before and our meal this time did not disappoint. A minor complaint is the volume of the music which made it a little difficult to have a conversation

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I have recently moved to Ayr from Cumbernauld and frequently go out for dinner. We had been out for dinner to several restaurants in Ayr, each time leaving disheartened with the quality of food and service. That was until we found the Beresford. A hidden gem that we found last Thursday night after leaving the cinema. I had a fillet steak and my wife had the hage and I can easily say it was one of the best meals we've ever had. The steak was cooked to perfection as was the hage. If only we had found it sooner. The atmosphere was great, especially for a week night. The only problem was the menu everything on it was so different to the usual we just wanted to try it all. Something that we plan to do on our many returns to this glittering jewel of a restaurant. If Ayr's restaurants were to be made into a crown the Beresford would certainly be the biggest diamond at the for front of the crown. My wife and I shall look forward to our return.

1  Thank Barry J