“Another great meal!”

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another great meal!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Never disappointed with the great food on offer at The Beresford. Every meal is always prepared to a very high standard. Great little restaurant with friendly efficient staff.

1 Thank JohnBrown010877

Ayr, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service - disappointed!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Terrible service last night, we got nibbles, starter and main course all within 30 mins even though we asked for time between courses. The management seemed reluctant to apologise or acknowledge that they had made a mistake! Saying that the food is of great standard but feeling rushed really put us off! This happened the last time we visited as well. Doubt we will be returning soon.

1 Thank Scottish027
downtown888, Public Relations Manager at The Beresford, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Please accept our apologies that your visit was not up to the standard you expect of The Beresford. We take onboard your comments about the food being served quickly and shall discuss this with the team this week. We believe our Manager did discuss matters with you on the evening.
All feedback is warmly accepted and used to drive and improve our service.
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, delightful menu, misunderstanding over 1 portion size but otherwise lovely.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Loved my meal, my partner wasn't as happy with his choices, & asked for 2 starters but got the 2nd one in main course rather than starter size, but otherwise it was great, I'd definitely go back.

1 Thank Happylittlebear
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Bon Ap!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

As with most restaurants of this chain, The Beresford has benefited from significant investment in the fabric of the building and its decor. It also however delivers what it promises on the tin. In this case: brasserie dining as relaxed or formal as you want. As much or as little as you feel like, but always well-prepared and delivered with (get this) a certain panache. No, really. A glass of fizz, steak frites and a good selection of wine. Thank you!

Falkirk
“What a Find”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Looks aren't everything but certainly from the outside The Beresford looks pretty good and so it proved to be . We entered just as a table had become vacant and we were handed the large menu . Sometimes you are given to much choice and so it was here however our waitress was very kind and patient with us . My lady and I finally decided and shared some olives plus focaccia to start with . There was a slight delay before our meal appeared but boy was it worth the wait !I had chosen the Duck and it practically fell off the bone , absolutely delicious . On the other side of the table my lady was gamely attempting to eat the large helping of Risotto but finally she had to admit defeat . All around us was a friendly hum off voices as others were taking in this great experience . My only minor complaint is that I was glad that I had asked for a side order of veg otherwise my plate might not have been as I wished . However we shall return and hopefully soon .