“Wish this indian was in glasgow”
Review of Ayr India

Ayr India
Ranked #12 of 197 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We believe the service, surroundings, atmosphere and quality of food are of equal importance, it is this attention to detail that ensures we are the first choice for many locals and visitors, the high number of returning customers speaks for itself. Ayr India - First Class.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Down for the ayr races 8th of march me the missus n 8 friends stayed for 1night (sat) at the mercure hotel which is a no bad hotel had a great day with good company didnt do to well at the races but was cheered up when we went to ayr india for dinner this was ma second visit to this indian and it was just as good as the last time we went food is excellent staff very friendly service was great if yer ever in ayr n like indian food u wont b dissapointed with ayr india great food they have 2 restuaraunts one down at the beach front which a havent tried yet but the 1 on alloway place is magic its in ma top 3:indians n a have been to a lot of indians well done ayr india excellent

1  Thank glasgowgang1888

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Superb service staff and food. Been going here for years and never fails to impress. Gagendeep and his team are superb. Other restaurants could learn a lot from this place.

1  Thank alandlou4
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

The staff are so accommodating. Been for 2 works Christmas dinners and the food satisfied all parties. Nice sized portions, and tasty food.

1  Thank laurarobertson22
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Went to collect a telephone order at 7pm on a Saturday night. Restaurant was quiet which is not a good sign especially at that time, but as I'd already placed an order I waited behind another customer. Other customer served and I waited behind him not dressed my best as I am renovating my new house. Behind me a family came in dressed for a night out and the waiter walked passed me and greeted the new arrivals, had I not ordered I would have turned round and gone somewhere else, I was not even acknowledged, which left me not too chuffed to say the least. When I placed my order I asked for jalfrezi and I was told 'do your know that's mild and creamy' throughout my travels jalfrezi has always been hot and spicy but I stuck with it and asked what have you got that's spicy and was told chilli garlic chicken which I went for. Anyway back to the restaurant after the family had been catered for the waiter turned his attention to me and I was brought my order, main dish, rice and plain naan and it came to nearly £14.00!!! Can't say I was impressed, dish was spicy but not hot at all, it was a typical dish with chicken, in what could have been a pre prepared sauce, you couldn't see any ingredients in the sauce like chillies, tomatoes peppers etc., and the naan tasted doughy. When the waiter decided to speak to me he was very pleasant and inquiring. Do you live local?, new to the area etc, obviously hoping to keep my business. I wax willing to ignore the oversight on arrival if the food was up to the mark, but on this showing I will be sampling the competition before I return.

3  Thank Jake466
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have family in Ayr & travelled up from newton abbot to visit them.
This is by far the best Indian restaurant in the area.
Service was excellent with very attentive waiters.
Good night had by all.