“absolute stunning place”

Hotel Kylestrome Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed September 6, 2010

very clean,big rooms with plasma tv ,spotless bathroom with power shower ,good breakfast,and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2010

I found the Ivy Rooms to be by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in on the Ayrshire coast.... And I've stayed in a good few. Greeted with a warm welcome I was shown to a huge rom boasting all the amenities you would wish for. The room alone represents superb value for money and puts many more expensive hotels in the locality to shame. I opted to dine in the restaurant that evening and the food was quite simply delicious. The breakfast that followed in the morning was of the same high standard but by this time I expected nothing less. I shall repeatedly stay in the Ivy for all future visits to the area and if you're looking for somewhere to stay I highly recommend you do the same.
Dave from Stafford

Reviewed August 17, 2010

This hotel is fantastic.

Extremely clean.
Service brilliant all staff pleasant and very helpful.
Food was superb... breakfast was delicious and you are asked what you would like to eat and they make it for you.

The restaurant was delicious also.

The rooms were very spacious and clean and modern.

Hotel itself is in a perfect location, less than 5 mins from town centre.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed One Night In A Beautiful Room Over Looking The Front of The Hotel .
No Noise From The Road At All.
Very Happy With My Stay And Would Have No Hesitation In Recommending The Ivy To Anyone.
Hope To Repeat My Experience Again Very Soon..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed in The Ivy Rooms for 1 night and wish we could have stayed longer! We were greeted with a warm smile and made to feel welcome straight away. We booked a large double room at the back as we were travelling on a motorbike and wanted to keep an eye on it and boy was it a large roomit was enormous!! and the bed even bigger! the room was spotlessly clean and everything you could wish for an absolute pleasure. We ate in the resturant the same evening and again we were not dissappointed the food is more than 1st class, the service was excellent and always with a smile.We can't recommend The Ivy Rooms enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Same as the previous reviewer, I arrived at the hotel only to be told that they wanted another £50 onto the booking cost.New owners blah, blah.not accepting bookings from the previous owner etc. Obviously the new owners are not that keen on getting business or getting repeat business (this was going to be my 4th stay in a couple of years).
Needless to say I refused to pay the extra and found an alternative hotel.
I will not be going back to this rip off hotel and I would advise anyone planning to stay here to keep phoning in case they have decided that they want to take more money off you.
Disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eatmorecheese
Reviewed May 23, 2010

arrived sat 22nd may with my wife and two friends having booked two rooms in feb we had email with details inc price of £45 per room per night we were told hotel had been taken over and we would have to pay £85 per room we had travelled 70 miles to ayr kooling forward to a nice weekend instead spent whole sat afternoon trying to find new hotel what a way to treat customers!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends