“Travelling MD who needs reliable hotels to stay in.”
Review of Abbotsford Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayr
Abbotsford Hotel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Abbotsford Hotel on numerous occasions and it has always been a very pleasant stay, the staff are courteous and friendly, the rooms are clean and tidy and a suitable room temperature to sleep in. I have eaten at the hotel when I have stayed there and the food has always been of a good quality. Since staying there I have been made very welcome by both staff and locals alike, I highly recommend this hotel if you stay in Ayr.

1  Thank Tony W

Reviewed October 27, 2012

On a busy trip, I looked forward to a rest on my final night (22nd October) at the peaceful and interesting Abbotsford Hotel. Friendly welcome, log fire, tasty meals and a very good night's sleep. I think I shall stay longer next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cynthia W
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a tour operator I chose this hotel as a lunch stop for 26 french green keepers.
I dealt with Paul who was very friendly and helpful especially as he had less than 24 hours notice to cope with a group of this size.
However cope he did and most admirably.
The French were so impressed with the food and the place that they gave him some French wine that thye had brought over as gifts to the various courses they were visiting.
I cannot comment on the rooms as I have not stayed there but the food is good and the welcome warm, and you can't ask more than that....

1  Thank jeremy21558
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Rooms are cold and poorly equipped, bed sheets stained & toilet was dirty.
Staff especially bar staff are rude and unhelpful. Food very poor and not very hot.
Plenty of better hotels in Ayr just don't stay here!!! You have been warned

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Sectretariat
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Hotel is in a nice location and is a lovely old building with loads of interesting memorabilia and paintings
However most of the business is confined to the front of the Hotel which is around 30 percent of the whole building. Therefore the bar is small and the dining room even smaller
Like a lot of hotels I guess that the other facilities are only opened up for weddings and receptions
The service and the food were alright
The room was cold and not very big
This was not good value for what we were offered and what we expected

1  Thank JayEmploymentEnt
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed here to attend a wedding reception in another hotel. Even though we only stayed one night (wish it was more) our experience was great from the moment we arrived until we left. Pleasant and cosy surroundings, friendly and efficient staff, lovely room, great food at reasonable prices, generally a place I would be happy to recommend. We live not too far away and would certainly come here again even if it was just to eat. A good sign too when a place is popular with the locals.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent the weekend at the Abbotsford with my bother and father. Paul, the proprietor, had phoned around on our behalf and booked early tee times at Belleisle and Troon Fullarton which were both very enjoyable courses.

The hotel was perfect for us with lots of atmosphere, immaculately clean (which must be some work with all the quirky curios and that fill the place!), great food and very attentive staff. So much more fun than a hotel chain. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends