“Fantastic guest house-”

The Richmond Guest House
Ranked #21 of 53 Ayr B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked here after our hotel reservation fell through-
House was spotless and Helen the owner was very attentive and catered for all our needs-
Fantastic value, if ever in the area again I would not hesitate to use this place again!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for The Richmond Guest House

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I had a very good 3 nights at the Richmond guest house Helen and her husband were very friendly and helpful.Guest house spotlessly clean, and our bedroom was very spacious,bright and better than some hotels we've stayed in. Breakfast time slot was 1 hour and food was very good there was a good variety of fruit yoghurts cereal and cooked breakfast. Would highly recommend this guest house to all my friends and family. location was very good as well only 5min walk to beach and town centre. Excellent value for your money. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this lovely Victorian house which is centrally located just a few minutes walk to the town centre and coast. Beautiful Victorian-style furnishings in a huge ensuite bedroom which was very comfortable and quiet. The walls are so solid that we sometimes sat outside on the stairs or in the stylish lounge to obtain a reliable WIFI connection. Breakfast was very good. The landlady was very chatty and helpful, almost too helpful, if that is possible. In contrast, the landlord was monosyllabic at the one breakfast we had when our hostess was absent. The only potential drawback is the lack of off-street parking. Although, our hostess provided a free parking permit, and we had no difficulty parking within 30 metres of the house, the street was relatively crowded and parking could be a problem in very busy periods. We would happily stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I arrived late on a Wednesday night for a three night stay while fishing on the nearby river Doon. From the moment I stepped in the door my hosts Helen & Muir couldn't do enough to make my stay really enjoyable. I was shown into my room which felt like a suite,(One double, & two twin beds) Room 1 !! Everything was spotless. Helen pointed me in the right direction for a quick supper. After that a great night sleep in a very comfy bed, I was offered the sumptious Richmond breakfast. What a way to start the day. Nothing seemed too much bother to mine hosts, from filling my flask with coffee to advising and booking my restaurant for dinner at night.
I can whole heartedly recomend the Richmond for a truly memorable experience.

Room Tip: Go for room one or two
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed with my husband at The Richmond on a weekend break and can honestly recommend this B&B hotel for the owners' hospitality and the location. You can walk to the beach and into town in just a few minutes. The accommodation also suited us wery well; it is spotlessly clean and our ensuite bedroom had all the facilties we required including a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at the Richmond Guest House from `7.08.2011 to 20.08.2011. During our sojourn, We have been fortunate enough to have been accorded with welcome which in turn had made our stay cosy and comfortable.
When we arrived it was quite late and we were exhausted to the point we were going to dash straight to bed. Helen welcomed us and immediately understood our tiredness. She even voluntarily asked and brought to our little one and we were quite impressed with the homelyness of the guesthouse.
The Owner of the lounge also been the most simple and humble person. She has been so meticulous in whatever she does. The Food was quite sumptuous and tasty.
The room was very spacious and very convenient / clean and tidy. I would highly recommend anyone to enjoy the same experience if they choose to stay at the Richmond Guest house. It scores 5/5 on all services rendered.
May we also add that we had to cut short one day early to be back ito london and guess what?.. the owner did not charge us for that. She was so lovely and made everybit of our stay as comfortable as possible..
Thanks helen, We enjoyed it sooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh...!!!!
Karthik, Poornima, Tarunika and Grandad!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We toured in Scotland, staying in the Richmond on our first and final nights. It was by far the best one in which we stayed. The room was large and beautifully furnished and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. The whole ambience of the house is relaxing and the owners could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple