“Footy day out ended perfectly”

Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Footy day out ended perfectly”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I booked two rooms for myself and three Pars supporters as we were going to watch our team playing Ayr United in the afternoon and have a grand night out with a friend who lives down there.
From our arrival until we checked out the staff were absolutely first rate - the young lady ( from Glasgow ) was incredibly welcoming and returned our banter, the young guy behind the bar was 100% despite putting up with five old ' hooligans' til we went to bed, and checkout was faultless ( probably glad to get rid of us)
The rooms were excellent and to be honest I've never had a bad room at a premier. Only slight comment would be - it's not the easiest place to find on a dark, stormy night, unless you know where the Arnold Clark garage is of course

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave a kind review regarding your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Ayr racecourse. I'm very glad to hear your stay was very enjoyable and you thought the staff where friendly and helpful enough. The team and myself love some good banter even if it’s with 5 old "hooligans". Hope you didn’t have too much trouble finding us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the Premier inn, Ayr Racecourse. The hotel was spotless, the staff were very pleasant, helpful and very welcoming. The bedroom was very clean, comfortable as was the toilet and shower. I will definately stay at a premier in again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to leave kind comments regarding your recent stay with us at Ayr racecourse. I'm glad to here our rooms and customer service exceeded your expectations when you stayed. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Larne
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had an overnight stay here on Saturday night with my 12 year old granddaughter and I must say it was a very pleasant experience. On arrival we were greeted by Jonathan on reception, who I must say full filled his role at reception by 100%. He was extremely helpful and explained the 'meal / breakfast deal' to us and everything else that we needed to know. Also on checking in I paid £3 for the wifi and after settling in couldn't get logged in, so went to phone reception to find there was no internal phone system. Found this a bit strange but probably newer technology has been installed f2or wake up calls etc (forgot to ask). Again Jonathan had the wifi sorted in no time after a visit to revception. We then ate in the Thyme restaurant after purchasing the meal deal - £22.95 for 3 course meal, drink and breakfast plus kids eat free breakfast. To be honest I thought it would just be 'cafe/fast food but was pleasantly surprised when my prawn cocktail came followed by a steak cooked to my requirements, an excellent tasty meal with huge portions. Here here to the chef. Also we were served by Jamie who just couldn't do enough for you. He was also on duty for breakfast yesterday morning ane was just the same, he like Jonathan are absolute assets to Premier Inns. Then to bed, beds, duvets & pillows were just so comfy, home from home. The only downside was our sleep was interupted several times throughout the night by fellow guests. I actually heard people arguing for a lengthy period above us. However I do realise that it is December and the party season and understand that this kind of behaviour is out of Premier Inns control, it did however alarm my granddaughter. But that certainly would not stop me from returning and I have already recommended you to friends. I am using Belfast one next week and as I have stayed ih it before it was be as equally as good, keep up the good work guys and great customer service.

Room Tip: We were 114 on first floor, a couple of doors from lift. Very pleasant room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to leave a kind review regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Ayr racecourse. The team and myself strive to ensure we provide clean & comfortable rooms, great food and great customer service. I'm really pleased on this occasion you found Jonathan and Jamie to exceed your expectations and am sure they will be very happy to hear your positive feedback. I'm very sorry to hear your sleep was disturbed and hope it wasn’t much of a problem settling your granddaughter back to sleep. We hope to welcome you back again in the future and I hope you have an enjoyable stay in Belfast.

Kind Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very clean hotel, well decorated and modern. The room was spacious and comfortable, bathroom was very clean. The staff were very friendly and efficient, we had dinner and breakfast as a meal deal and found it good value for money, the service was excellent from all the staff that served us, and the food was brilliant, my steak was done the way I asked and good sized portions for the money, better than some meals I've had in exclusive restaurants!!! so well done there. I didn't have to look around for somewhere within walking distance to eat or drink, as the bar and restaurant within hotel were excellent. All places of interest only a short drive, taxi, bus or walk away so very well placed. Have already recommended to my friends and will also use again. We spent an overnight, but would happily stay longer next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to leave very positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Ayr Racecourse. The team and myself strive to ensure we provide clean rooms, great food and wonderful customer service. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the meal and service and will pass your compliments to all the team. Hope to see you again in the future.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Newish hotel which is well decorated, clean and very comfortable. Good check in experience, good meal we stayed for dinner on the first night and had the deal which was well explained by the very helpful reception staff. Breakfast was very good also with lots of choice. Was a tad noisy on the second night with returning revellers but this was only a slight inconvenience.

Situated a mile or two from the town a car or cab was required to get around. We went to the races as part of our weekend and would use the hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel is tucked away a little
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us at Ayr Racecourse. I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and you enjoyed dinner and breakfast within the restaurant. The meal deal is a very good option, so its nice to hear the receptionist explained the options. I'm really sorry other guests returning to the hotel through the night waked you, the nightshift try really hard to keep noise to a minimum. The team and myself strive to ensure we provide clean rooms and great customer service, which I’m glad, was to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pleasant, friendly reception from check in staff,on a cold wet night.
Rom clean and well equiped, but rather smaller than previous had in other Premier Inns. Strange, for a new purpose built hotel. But would definately stay here again.

Nearest to a complaint, was difficulty finding the hotel, as it is tucked in behind a car showroom and accessed as if you were turning off the main road into the showroom. Some signs indicating where to turn off the road would be helpful.
Also, if heading for the Ayr Racecourse, bear in mind that the hotel is a good one and a half miles from the racecourse.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn AyrA77Racecourse.
I apologise for your difficulty in finding our hotel, all feedback, both positive and negative, is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible standards and service. Your feedback is very important to us and we are pleased that overall your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for your comments regarding our friendly reception team, they will be delighted to receive your feedback.
We are committed to providing our guests with a high level of service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Well, I'm converted! If all Premier Inns are as good as this one then I am changing my travel plans from now on! Great location, super clean and the friendliest hotel team I've ever had the experience to be served by! Quite exceptional and what's more, extremely genuine! Great bar and restaurant too! I'll definitely stay again and will consider myself a converted travel snob! Well done Premier Inn!

• Stayed November 2013
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We're so pleased that you had such a lovely stay with us here at
Premier Inn AyrA77Racecourse and that our friendly team helped to make your stay memorable. The team will be delighted to hear your feedback as they are passionate about our guest journey from start to finish. It's fantastic to read that you now consider yourself a converted travel snob. Many thanks again for your positive feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the near future.