We stayed her for one night (July 2nd 2013) and were really pleased with the service and standard of the hotel. It's very modern and contemporary and everything was extremely clean and new. The best feature was the walk-in-showers...i'm sure there are lots of people who do enjoy a bath but this is the first Premier Inn that we have stayed at that has done away with the bath with the shower over it. If you are on the petite side then climbing in/out of those baths to have a shower was quite hard work so this stand alone shower (which was large) was a god send. Although the bathroom in general was on the small side, they had really made good use of every bit of space by having a corner sink (see pics). I wish every Premier Inn would upgrade solely to showers, much more user friendly and if you still feel the need to have a bath....wait until you get home!!
We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant downstairs and the food was good with ample choice. The beds & pillows were utter bliss and we all had a great night's sleep. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The going's always good at the Premier Inn Hotel Ayr/A77 Racecourse. With great road, rail and air links, you'll be living it up or getting down to business in no time. Back a winner at the home of the Scottish Grand National and William Hill Gold Cup. Zip into Glasgow to see the sights. Get into the swing at some of the country's most famous and historic golf courses: Royal Troon and Turnberry. And when all the racing around is done, return to our friendly team, spacious rooms and super-comfy beds. Directions: From the North - join the M8 (signposted Greenock, Glasgow Airport, Kilmarnock). Leave the M8 at Junction 22, then join the M77 (signposted Kilmarnock, Prestwick Airport). Continue forward onto the A77 (signposted Kilmarnock, Prestwick Airport, Ayr, Stranraer). At Dutch House roundabout take the 1st exit onto A77 (signposted Ayr, Stranraer). At Whitletts roundabout take 4th exit onto Heathfield Road (signposted B743, Prestwick). Stay in right hand lane and turn right at the first set of traffic lights just after car showrooms onto Wheatpark Road then take 1st right onto Whearpark Place. Hotel entrance is straight ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ayr Hotel Ayr
- Ayr Holiday Inn
- Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel Scotland