Booked on arrival direct with reception. The receptionist was extremely friendly, efficient and helpful. In no time at all we were inside our warm family room having a cuppa. The room was very clean and had a choice of pillows. Bed was comfortable with nice clean linen.... bed seemed more comfy than some 5star hotels we've stayed in.
Tea & coffee facilities in the room, good towels and nice Dove toiletries in the bathroom. Shower was great.
Very happy with the overall cleanliness of the room, bathroom and hotel in general.
We were on the top floor..with a very distant view of the sea. Happy to see a lift was available, having just stayed in another hotel where cases needed lugging up a flight of stairs.
We needed help later to make up the sofabed. Extremely helpful lady arrived immediately and got the job done.
Plenty of room to park, it didn't bother us that there were car garages in the surrounding area. If you want to stay on a country estate, this isn't the hotel for you, but we were very happy with the location and price.
The hotel has a welcoming entrance, plenty of seating and good facilities.
Breakfast was good, although the sausages were a little 'tough', but everything else excellent.
We were very happy with our stay and check-out quick and simple too.
All staff we encountered were great!
Frankie and Benny's within walking distance.
Well done, we will stay again if visiting the area & would recommend to others. Though next time we would appreciate some sunshine instead of heavy rain and gales!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The going's always good at the Premier Inn Hotel Ayr/A77 Racecourse. With great road, rail and air links, you'll be living it up or getting down to business in no time. Back a winner at the home of the Scottish Grand National and William Hill Gold Cup. Zip into Glasgow to see the sights. Get into the swing at some of the country's most famous and historic golf courses: Royal Troon and Turnberry. And when all the racing around is done, return to our friendly team, spacious rooms and super-comfy beds. Directions: From the North - join the M8 (signposted Greenock, Glasgow Airport, Kilmarnock). Leave the M8 at Junction 22, then join the M77 (signposted Kilmarnock, Prestwick Airport). Continue forward onto the A77 (signposted Kilmarnock, Prestwick Airport, Ayr, Stranraer). At Dutch House roundabout take the 1st exit onto A77 (signposted Ayr, Stranraer). At Whitletts roundabout take 4th exit onto Heathfield Road (signposted B743, Prestwick). Stay in right hand lane and turn right at the first set of traffic lights just after car showrooms onto Wheatpark Road then take 1st right onto Whearpark Place. Hotel entrance is straight ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Premier Inn, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ayr Hotel Ayr
- Ayr Holiday Inn
- Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel Scotland