“Very good”

Ranked #18 of 186 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Ayr India Restaurant In Ayr is well established and prides itself on quality authentic Indian cuisine and has the enviable position of having 2 beautiful restaurants in the heart of the seaside town.The long established Sea front restaurant, which is open daily from 4pm and more recently the restaurant in Alloway Place which is open for lunch as well as evening meals.
SCOTLAND
“Very good”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good value take away, nice food, tandoori mixed grill was huge, be warned garlic naan is very garlicky.

Visited April 2014

Solihull, United Kingdom
“shocking”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Oh dear... where do I start, clearly the other reviews have never experienced a truly delicious curry?? We come from the west midlands and even one of the worst curry houses in brum, would have kicked the butts of this place..
We stayed in Ayr for a couple of days for business and decided to try here on the back of the recent reviews. We arrived to what looked like some tatty old balti house in a backstreet of Bradford. But before I begin about the food, can I just say the staff are well dressed and very pleasant. But there it ends, this place is ripping people off big style!!! Starters onion bharji dry over spiced and tasted like dough pats... I had veg biryani small amount of rice with a hand full of peas hardly any onions no egg, it had two tiny bits of cauliflower and a small slice of potatoes cut in half and the sauce tasted like something out of a packet, my husband has a chicken dish, he said the chicken tasted dry and burnt thick gloopy dull sauce, the peswari naan had the oddest colour in the center of it?? We have at least one curry out each week at different indian restaurants around Solihull , Warwick , Stratford upon Avon, Birmingham. We would love the owner to come with us for a real curry experience. Great views but what a huge disappointment with the food. I am a well travelled person, both here and abroad and a senior reviewer, so please do take these comments seriously.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank bettyboo737
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely food lovely view”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Vert tasty food and really friendly staff. I would definitely recommend it! Complimentary drink given at the end of the meal.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Slightly pricey but exquisite food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Went here on my honeymoon, my husband has a firend from Ayr who recommended it but didn't really give us any more directions than 'on the beach near an ice cream place'. We had to walk quite length of beach to find it with such imprecise directions! but I'm glad we did. The place was clean and airy, waiters really polite and welcoming, food heavenly, really really good, just a shade more expensive than I usually pay but worth it, and it was lovely to be looking out on the beach while we ate.
Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
Jaipur, India
“nice indian food with english tadka”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I love the place specially the sea view is mesmerizing great food Sardarji the restaurant owner is a good person and checks every guest personally over all a very good experience.

Visited June 2013