“Peaceful and attractive”
Review of Rozelle Park

Rozelle Park
Ranked #5 of 42 things to do in Ayr
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Park is goodfor a pleasant walk even on a dull and drizzley day. The gallery and gift shop in Rozelle House are certainly worth a visit and the attractive tea room serves the best cake arround.

All reviews
"peaceful place"
in 3 reviews
"grassed area"

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have lived a two minute drive from Rozelle for almost a decade, visiting regularly with my dogs for walks and my son for picnics, but today was the first time I have tried the tea room - I'm now kicking myself for not finding this hidden gem sooner! Inside the tea room is the typical quaint style you would expect but outside is stunning, with tables set in a walled courtyard surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, with beautiful views of the park. The home baked cakes were delicious and the lunch menu is very reasonably priced. I've attached photos of the menu as I struggled to fund any information about the place online and had no idea they offered such a wide range of food until today. We had already eaten lunch but saw other food being served and it looked lovely, especially the baked potatoes. It is also child and dog friendly with highchairs and water bowls available. I can't believe this place isn't busier but they simply don't advertise enough. I intend to return for lunch tomorrow and can see this becoming our regular treat!

1  Thank Hayley L
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Loved Art displays and craft shop beautiful. Liked Walking around grounds very peaceful. Not too far to travel from Prestwick and staff all very pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Peaceful place to wander about in amongst the trees.
Can make the walks as short as long as you want.
Might want to take some wellies if it has been raining as the paths can get muddy.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have visited the tea room at Rozelle on a couple of occasions in the last month. The first time I had the home made pate which was delicious. The second time I had a prawn salad which was lovely and fresh. Prepare yourself for the portion sizes - I have still not managed to sample one of the many amazing looking cakes (Mary Berry would be proud!).

The coffee is first class (very hard to find good coffee in this area).The staff are friendly and efficient and welcome all ages from tiny tots to oldies. You can access the tea room from the main house down the steep stairs or from the level along side the Maclaurin Gallery. This is great for my mum as she struggles with the stairs.

I must mention for dog lovers that you can sit outside on the picnic benches with your dog - a great idea for a coffee and cake on your afternoon walk.

Well done girls - a first class offering - I will definitely be returning soon!

3  Thank Ailsa_Craig12