“art fun with my kids.”
Review of Craft daft

Craft daft
More attraction details
Owner description: Craft daft is a drop in craft studio based in Ayr offering a massive range of craft activities for all ages, abilities and budgets. We have been under new ownership since November 2015 combining forces with Sew Materialistic who now operate on the upper floor from Craft daft. See their facebook page Sew Materialistic Ayr for additional information. We also run after school craft clubs and holiday clubs for children,various workshops for children and adults and we also cater for birthday parties and larger groups (these require to be pre booked in advance).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We return every year to Ayr and craft daft is a firm favourite with my son and daughter. We have always found it a relaxed environment. The staff are very helpful and friendly. You were able to choose from a variety of different ceremics and with some advice from the staff who helped ensure the kids got the effect they were looking for. We all painted that afternoon and we now have wonderful keep sakes that we will keep forever. Would Highly recommended to everyone. See you again next year.x

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My daughter had her 4th birthday at Craft Daft and has returned frequently since. We now live in Aberdeenshire but every time we return to Troon to visit family we make a stop at Craft Daft. The owner is very helpful and over the years has guided my daughter, who is now 15, with different techniques. This year she painted a beautiful horse and received encouragement with the dry brushing when she became a little under confident in how it would turn out. I look forward to our next visit to craft daft and the next piece my daughter will paint.

1  Thank Audrey H H
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Following a recent party at Craftdaft I was more than disappointed. The lady at the venue was less than enthusiastic which was obvious to parents as well as the children. The children after being told what to do we're left to 'carry on' with no interaction from Craftdaft staff, it was not busy, to the point that the children were asking parents what to do next. If the children had not been there before no-one would have known what to do. The food please do not pay for as it wasn't up to much. It is not cheap to have a party here and the lack of enthusiasm from staff was the biggest let down. Also the establishment itself wasn't the tidiest. Craftdaft is a good idea but the staff need to up their game as I and others would not go back very, very disappointing.

1  Thank magnic
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed this activity with the kids! It offers something different! Found the place to be welcoming and fun! Would highly recommend it to any family looking for a fun day out! Will definitely be back again!

4  Thank bonnyscotch
See more reviews
Reviewed April 3, 2012

went here with family while on a holiday in Ayr. Went here last year and returned this year as I thoroughly enjoyed it the year before. Last year the woman was very friendly and keen to help, can't say the same about this year though. I know as said below you cant be expect to have an art lesson but the woman didn't give me any instructions. Luckily, as i had been here once before i had a slight idea of what to do but many of the things e.g; drying the sculpture i had completely forgotten about. It would have been nice if she had shown me where the paints and tissues were. Although i enjoyed the painting, to be honest i agree with the person who said that she felt the woman wasn't very helpful or friendly.
Last time thoroughly enjoyed this time a bit of a let down.

1  Thank ranno56