“Like going back in time..”

Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Edinburgh
“Like going back in time..”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed here at the end of December for 1 night. We know Premier Inn's quite well, but this one was nothing like the others - apart from the purple and white.

We prepaid so just had to sign for our room on arrival, but were shocked to be presented with an actual key rather than a key card. Things got worse from there.. I'm glad I'm not in a wheelchair, because I wouldn't use that lift if my life depended on it, it looks (and sounds) like its on it's last legs! Luckily it's a small hotel and we only had one set of stairs to climb. We were at the end of a corridor, next to one of the fire doors - this made a racket every time it was opened, which woke me up several times during the night.

The room was just the standard Premier Inn room from all of their hotels, we knew where to find everything, and thought there'd be no surprises - wrong. There's no locks on the doors, just a chain. This made me feel very uneasy about security. We were going out for a meal so needed to borrow an iron - no phone in the room! This resulted in a treck back down to reception, just a small thing, but enough to annoy us when we're used to Premier Inn bringing the irons to the rooms. And one last little complaint: the body/hair wash pump in the shower was broken, and as we knew Premier Inn provided this we hadn't brought any of our own, this meant we couldn't clean ourselves well, and as I have long hair it becomes very difficult to brush and dry if it hasn't been washed properly.

Apart from our trip back in time we did enjoy our stay, but we won't be choosing this location again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Agnes S, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley) Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thankyou for taking the time to review Premier Inn Glasgow Paisley. We use all feedback as an important tool to help motivate and train our teams, we do take all the comments on board
and act on your comments.

I hope Premier Inn will be your first choice the next time you are staying in the area, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Teesside
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here over Hogmanay as the hotel is really conveiniantly placed for us visiting family. We use this hotel each time we visit, and here's why...
The staff are all, polite, helpful, cheery and friendly
The rooms are impeccably clean
The beds are SUPER comfy
The breakfasts are great (and both the kids eat free when I pay for mine - the chef cooks them soft boiled eggs which they love)
The only downside of our stay was the room allocation. We booked a family room for myself and the 2 kids, and a double room for my parents. The rooms were booked together, and paid on the same booking. But when we arrived we'd been allocated rooms on different floors. I'm pretty sure this is an online booking error, rather than the staff at the actual hotel, but it really needs looking at. When holidaying together as a family we don't want to be seperated onto different floors. The staff managed to find us 2 rooms both on the same floor when we said we weren't happy, but the only ones available were at opposite ends of the hotel. Premier - PLEASE look into this policy and ensure that rooms booked together are placed together!
Other than that, we had a great stay and will be back again next time we visit.

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow Paisley. The team work extremely hard to make sure you have a comfortable & enjoyable stay with us.

Manager
None
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I needed a hotal near the main Paisley hospital for a week as my wife had to have an operation.
I booked online in advance and paid £19 per night for 4 nights and £29 for the other 3. The room was a good sized double with full en-suite facilities and was very clean and comfortable. I also paid £10 for a full week Wi-Fi access. The hotel offered excellent value for money. The staff were exceptional and greeted me each day and offered to service my room each day. Having stayed at several Premier Inns over the years this is one of the best. The only downside was the proximity to the airport and the poor choice and quality of food at the adjacent restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Agnes S, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley) Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind review of Glasgow Paisley Premier Inn, The team work extremely hard to make sure you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Clean, large room at good price. Food in resturant was good too. plenty of car parking spaces and staff were helpfull and knew local area. You always know what you are going to get with a premier Inn so no suprises and as always good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Glasgow Paisley, We use all the feedback as an important tool to help motivate and train our teams, and they will be delighted to read your review.

I hope Glasgow Paisley Premier Inn will be your first choice the next time you are staying in the area, and i look forward to welcoming you back.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

After a hectic and busy New year, me and my two kids arrived in the Premier inn prior to our onward journey the next day. The receptionist could not have been nicer, friendlier and a wonderful reminder of Scottish warmth. She even printed off the local cinema timings for us and popped them under our door.
Rooms clean and so comfortable and location fabulous for cinema and fast food. All we needed on our exhausting retrun and more, well done..you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow Paisley, The team work extremely hard to make sure you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

Coxhoe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed at Premier Inns with our family for many years - North, South East and West of the UK. This one is by far the friendliest bunch of staff we have ever encountered (and that includes non-Premier Inns too). They couldn't do enough to help and you were always greeted with a smile and a hearty hello (and that included every single cleaner you passed as they worked). Some people may not value that reception highly, but it matters to me so top marks there. The waiting staff were very friendly too in the adjacent pub - Courtenay was lovely and did her utmost to correct a fault that had been made with one of the food orders. In other ways this was a typical Premier Inn - location was good for where we needed to go - Science Centre and SECC as well as Braehead Shopping were within 10 minutes drive and the town centre 15-20 mins.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Agnes S, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley) Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow Pailey. The team work hard to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.
I am delighted to see that we have managed to exceed your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ballindalloch, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This an excellent hotel with very friendly and helpful staff that make it quite clear that nothing is a problem and will help with anything. Great location and breakfast was magic. Rooms are spotless with very comfortable beds. All in all this is a great place to stay which is made even better with the friendlyness of the reception staff.

Room Tip: Stayed in several rooms and all are good.