“Lovely home cooked food”
Review of The Eriskyne

The Eriskyne
Ranked #90 of 205 Restaurants in Paisley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Absolutely lovely delicious food. Ordered the chicken tempura to start with, it was so yummy. Then we got steak and ale pie and italian chicken, My husband for some mad reason doesn't like mashed potato, which came with the italian chicken so asked to change it for home made chips. This was no trouble from the lovely woman who worked behind the bar, very friendly and down to earth. The pie was over-filled with lovely tender melt in the mouth beef....I am a big eater and struggled to finish it. My husband loved the chicken which was so moist and a really big portion. Chips were so delicious and crispy and was so tempted to ask the chef how he cooked them. Overall we loved our visit to The Eriskyne and for the price, you definitely get more than you pay for. Will be back for certain x

Date of visit: June 2014
Write a reviewReviews (10)

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is the first time in years that I have visited the Eriskyne for something to eat and it was fantastic.

The waitress was so nice, friendly, chatty and was very welcoming. So she gets a big thumbs up and 10/10 for customer services. The chef, lovely chap, makes the most delicious food I have ever tasted so he get a 10/10 as well.

There were four of us in the party and we all agreed that we will be visiting again as the quality of the meals would equal that of a four star plus restaurant. I was treating so was well shocked when the bill came as it was a lot less than I expected as three of us had a few glasses of wine each with our meals.

The Nachos were, for a starter, really huge and looked well tasty. I had the garlic cream mushrooms with bacon and it was delicious. Main meals were Macaroni Cheese with home made chunky chips, chilli con carne with nachos and rice, gammon steak with chips and steak and ale pie with chips. Again all meals went down well and portion sizes were great. Deserts were tasty num nums and all I can say is I am glad I wore elasticated trousers.

To be honest this is in my top two favourite places to eat as everything was great. For a nice place to eat which is not going to break your bank balance this is the place to go.

Date of visit: May 2014
2  Thank Elaine D
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Service is brilliant, friendly and fast! Lovely meals lately, think there has been a new chef in the last couple of years? Reasonably priced too. Very family friendly. Only one criticism - sometimes we can't eat as last orders are at 7.30 pm. Would like to see this extended?

Date of visit: November 2013
5  Thank suemI7682CN
Eriskyne b, Public Relations Manager at The Eriskyne, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hi ,
Glad you enjoyed the place. We have had a new chef in the last few years and have also changed our menu a few times in the last few years aswell. I will lpass on your message to the catering manager regarding last orders time. Thanks for your comments