“Quite remarkable value”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Chile
“Quite remarkable value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

£29 for a room can't be bad, and you might expect to have to overlook the odd anomaly.......
The whole experience was faultless....the guy on reception was polite, quick, informative and had everything to hand immediately. The room was a good size, as was the bathroom and all was clean......no, very clean indeed.
In fact the whole place was on excellent order.
I suppose, if I had to whine on about something, I prefer a softer bed...but that is nit picking!!!
Parking is free and at hand.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shonagh B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Pelican65,

Thank you for you review. I was delighted to here you enjoyed your stay and you felt the whole experience was faultless.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and we hope to see you again at Premier Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Due to a missed connection (due to my fault!), I had stay overnight at Glasgow airport. I considered various hotels but having stayed at other Premier Inns before I had a good idea what to expect. Although only booked ten minutes before I arrived, the price was very good considering it's an airport hotel. I expected noise from either the airport of the nearby M8 but I heard nothing; the roomw as triple glazed. The onsite restaurant met my needs, too (go for the meal Deal - very good value).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the motorway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Alan R,

Thank you for you review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our triple Glazed Windows kept the noise out. We really value your feedback, as it allows us to continually improve our standards and make our hotel experience more enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to review Glasgow Airport and we hope to see you again at Premier Inn in the future.
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

One of the nicer premier inns I have stayed in .no noise despite hotel completely full and very close to airport ..only complaint took as an she to work out how to get in from the road andthe service wasn't as good the second morning at breakfast

• Stayed May 2013
Shonagh B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Swales4 ,

Thank you very much for your review. I was delighted to hear that you felt Glasgow Airport was one of the nicest Premier Inns you have stayed in and that despite the hotel being full experienced no noise.
I was disappointed to hear you didn’t think the breakfast service was as good the second morning. We pride ourselves on a consistent service each time and I am sorry that you didn’t experience this each time you visited.

Thank you for your feedback, it is really important to receive such feedback so we can work with our teams to provide great consistent service each time.
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The desk clerk said it was a five minute walk to the airport. I timed it at 10. The website says this: "Premier Inn is just 0.25 miles from Glasgow airport." No luggage? No problem. However, the luggage carts at the Glasgow airport are antiquated and the pavement both in the airport and especially beyond its boundary is rough. The covered walkway ends at the edge of the air terminal. So, if there is a significant rain, and heavy wind, and you are trying to pull two suitcases, and hold an umbrella, the obvious answer is to take the hotel shuttle bus.

There is no hotel shuttle bus. I personally have never known an "airport hotel" that did not have a shuttle bus. However, caveat emptor. When I expressed my surprise at this, the desk clerk pointed out that it does not claim to have a shuttle bus. This is true.

It is also true when I arrived with my wife for an international flight the next day the desk clerk(s) seemed unable to move from behind their desk to help us. "Confirmation number? Check. Credit card? Check. Here is your key. Have a good day."

We had reserved a room with two beds. They gave us a room with two beds. However, one was a regular double bed and the other was a small, low to the ground, cot sized to bed. It is true, however, that they never said there would be two regular sized beds in the room. "Have a good night."

The rooms themselves are simple IKEA styled. You don't have to worry about leaving something behind the doors of the cupboards or closets, because there are no cupboards over closets with doors on them.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a good view of the motorway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DGM Washington ,

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn we always try to give our customers a comfortable and friendly stay, and I apologise if you felt that did not receive this at Glasgow Airport. I was disappointed to hear about your struggle from the airport, and your concerns with your arrival and room, rest assured we will look in to your comments thoroughly.

We really value your feedback, as it allows us to improve our standards and make our hotel experience more enjoyable.

Thank you once again for your review.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Being able to walk with luggage to/from airport/rental cars is a big bonus, with easy checkin and a roomy car park. Then easy access to a major highway, and a petrol station adjacent helps with car hires. Room was typical, nicely quiet but clean & spacious. The restaurant's excellent offers were a pleasant surprise, quality dining meant not having to leave the property for dinner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank COLOtraveler_9
Kinlochleven, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here on a Thursday night as had a very early flight the next morning. Check in was swift and staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room was fresh and clean and a good size with an excellent large flat screen TV on the wall I'm guessing a 42" a bonus for a budget hotel. Food in the restaurant is very good value for money fresh and tasty a very good selection on the menu with something to suit most people and prompt service from placing order to meal arriving again I had no complaints here. Room was very quiet and I had no problem with outside noise disrupting my sleep and no issue with noise from surrounding rooms, bed was a good size and very comfortable again. In summary excellent value for money especially if booked on a special rate as I did £35 for the night would easily stay here again without a second thought and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Claire M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

It migt be 200 meters away from a major airport and ten from a motor way,in a way that is handy.Dont think cause of the airport and the motor way oh,erm...maybe not.They have special windows that cut out the sound.The hotel dosent have gaudy colours,at the time of my stay a family room was roughly sixty pounds(please be aware this could change any time).I have stayed in far more exspensive hotels with little grundig tellys.Our room had a massive one.The buffet is also great.This hotel is fantastic for early check in s.oh and if you come with the airport shuttle bus,good luck finding it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,827 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!