“Good staff make all the difference...”

Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Kelso
“Good staff make all the difference...”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

OK, it's a budget hotel, but it has everything you need for a comfortable stay. It was clean, comfortable and very quiet for an airport hotel - I don't think we were ever aware of any aircraft noise - and the bar and restaurant were cosy and welcoming.

We usually find Premier Inn staff to be very good, but were especially impressed here - they were all friendly, positive and courteous, but were also outstandingly willing to go out of their way to be helpful.

It really is the staff that make the difference between an OK stay and a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear robarn,
Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow Airport.
We use all feedback to help coach and motivate the team and they will be delighted to read your review. We work very hard here to make sure that every guest has the best possible stay and it is nice to see you recognise that.
I hope you continue to stay with us at Glasgow Airport, and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Dornoch
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We booked in to wave off a family member who was leaving for far flung parts. The room was £58 and spotless, with no outside noise. We originally planned to have breakfast in the airport, but changed our minds when we saw the continental breakfast was £5.25 and full English breakfast £8.25 and included Costa coffee. That was the clincher. After paying, we were told the Costa machine was broken and it was instant coffee from sachets. The standard of Premier Inn's breakfasts is good, so the lack of tasty coffee was the only disappointment. As stated in the blurb, it was a 10 minute walk from the airport. Suited our needs exactly. Free parking too. I just hope they have the Costa machine mended soon.

Dear Willowrowan,
Many thanks for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and i can absolutely guarantee that the next time you stay, the coffee machine will indeed be working.
In the meantime as a gesture of goodwill i would be happy to refund your breakfast, for the lack of costa Coffee. If you would like to contact me through our site, i will be able to arrange this.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Evrehailles, Belgium
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is my 2nd or 3rd stay in a Premier Inn. They all follow the same design, which is basic business - adequate for standard road warrior needs, nothing fancy. They seem to put the most attention on their restaurant and bar, and wisely so. By capturing their business clientele for drinks and dinner I expect they add more to their bottom line than from the rooms. This restaurant was popular enough that even locals seemed to come in. The only other choices within walking distance were an Indian restaurant and - sadly and ironically to this American - Burger King, Pizza Hut, or KFC. Ugh. But there was a big movie complex about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Other than that it is surrounded by car dealers etc.
The one thing I found odd is that you have to go outside from the reception to get to the restaurant. And the restaurant was blaring music even in at breakfast. We asked them to turn it down, which they did, but it was impossible to have a business meeting even during the day.

Room Tip: I don't think there is much difference, but some of them are a long walk from reception.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport following a recent holiday. I have to say I had a lovely stay and a great nights sleep. Before the holiday I stayed at a Travel Lodge nearby an this was much better. Nicer room and better bed, and a nicer public area.
The breakfast was excellent (I think £8.25 for unlimited buffet items). But the best thing was the very warm friendly and helpfull staff. I would stay again!

Dear Karen M,
Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn glasgow Airport.
I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, but i am delighted that you were so impressed with the team.
We use all feedback to help coach and motivate the team and they will be equally delighted tio read your review.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed for one night before an early flight. The room was clean and comfortable. Two heaters were provided so the room was nice and warm. Can't fault the cleanliness of the room. The hotel is ideally situated close to the airport. We had dinner in the hotel. The meal was adequate and the service friendly. BUT, the noise from the room upstairs was unbearable. The people stomped (and I mean REALLY stomped) back and forwards across our heads for hours...BANG!!!, BANG!!, BANG!! What they were doing I have no idea, except I knew when they pee'd because I could hear them doing it....yeeeuuk! I could also hear their TV and their voices when they were talking. The hotel does offer a money back guarantee which we should have taken but at 4am I was so stressed that I was concerned I would be rude to the receptionist and it wasn't her fault!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the top floor in case the people above you belong to the local morris dancing team.
Dear Mary L,
I was upset to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us at Premier Inn Glasgow Airport. We take all feedback seriously and we have spoken to our nights team to ensure they are checking noise levels throughout the night in order to reduce the problem.
With regards the Good Night Gaurantee, i would be more than happy to speak to you and see if i can do something to help fix the situation for you.
Should you wish to, please contact me through the details given on our site.
I hope to speak with you soon and that you continue to stay with Premier Inn.
Moffat, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here on the night before we flew from Glasgow airport, and again on our return. The rooms were clean, and the beds super comfy and spacious. The first room we had faced the front of the hotel and despite being almost under the M8 flyover, and facing the airport, there was no noise at all from passing traffic. The second room we used, was at the rear of the hotel and there was more noise from the adjacent road, but insufficient to keep us awake.

We made use of the Premier Inn deal with the Flying Scot airpark, who dropped us at the hotel and collected us from there on our way home. Very efficient service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear AMYP934,
Many thanks for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the team will be delighted to read your feedback.
I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

this was outstanding. Check in was a breeze, asked for a room near the door and got one. The room is standard Premier Inn as you would expect and not very noisy considering the location, but the service we experienced from the girls was excellent. The "meal deal" was well worth it and of good quality. I've had them before elsewhere and they havent been as good, so well done kitchen. The location gets it top marks. Walking to the terminal was a 4 minute journey, so need to pay loads of money to stay even closer. Free overnight parking was a bonus. Would stay here again most definitely

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Popstar1701,
Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn glasgow Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the team will be equally happy when they read your feedback. It is important to us that we deliver the best standards consistently and i am glad that we have done this for you.
I hope you stay with us in the future and i look forward to welcoming you back.
David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
#4 of 9 in Paisley
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!