“Excellent trip”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
London
“Excellent trip”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed at The Watermill hotel in Paisley for six nights at the beginning of August this year. We wanted a hotel that was central and convenient for trips and visits in the area. This hotel was perfect in that regard. My expectations of a hotel are that it is clean and comfortable, the food is good, but, above all, that the staff are friendly and professional. This hotel ticked all of those boxes, particularly the staff, who were excellent at reception, in the dining room and bar and even the housekeeping staff when we met them around the hotel. We had a lovely stay and I was very impressed. I would definitely stay here again on any future trips.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Wiltshire
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here for five nights (30th July-4th Aug). The hotel is a very old building and the decor suits the building. The hotel is charming.
We were in a room which overlooked the river with the water cascading down the weir. It is noisey especially during heavy rain but it did not keep us awake and was a marvelous view. We saw an unusual breed of goose which we have still not managed to identify.
The hotel is clean and comfortable with a good working shower.
The breakfast was great. Plenty of choice and very hot and fresh. Tea and coffee were made fresh for each table of guests as the arrived.
There is a bar which was pleasant to use in the evening when we eventually returned to the hotel.
Every member of staff were extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly.
The railway station is just a few minutes walk away with regular trains to Glasgow city center. Buses to the airport also run from the train staion. We got the bus from the airport to Paisley and then took a taxi back. The taxi was not much more than the cost of the bus fare.
Thankyou to the staff at the hotel, we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

No complaints. Stayed last week for five nights. Room 110 very nice with view over the mill race. Room was a bit hot but requested a sheet which was supplied. Bed very comfortable. Breakfasts had everything you could want. But the best thing was all the staff who were all extremely friendly. Special mention to the man who was on reception all night. Thanks a lot

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had a disappointing stay here in July 2014. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable, however the decor and furniture was very tired looking. We arrived late at night with some food but were told we could not eat it in the room so were left to eat outside in the rain.
The room was ridiculously warm when it wasn't even warm outside and you couldn't open the window for some fresh air due to the noise of the hammils outside.
That said, the view of the hammils and the old Cotton Mill is fantastic and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Do not take food with you as you will be left to eat it outside regardless of the weather conditions
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Paisley hotels

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my husband and I to stay for two nights after our wedding reception as it was in close proximity to the venue. We were allocated a room on the top floor, level 3. The room was lovely, nicely decorated with a good comfortable bed. The bathroom was very spacious and the shower was very good. The bedroom also had a flat screen tv with plenty of channels, a trouser press, kettle with tea and biscuits and also a hair dryer. There was plenty of storage for clothing if needed but as we only stayed two nights we didn't require them. We put the do not disturb sign up and the maid respected this by leaving clean towels outside the door. There was no noise other than traffic but if you close the windows then you heard nothing. The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars is down to the price. We were charged £126 for a two night room only stay which I felt was a little high, I think I was expecting a little more for my money. Staff were all pleasant and polite.

Stayed July 2014
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Watermill for 1.night on the 13th June. The shower was just warm l, but the room was clean but with tired furniture in it.
Breakfast was really poor, considering you ordered your breakfast at the table, when it was brought to you it was not hot, and the bacon tasted funny.
I did tell the receptionist who took on board my disappointment and there was other customers who felt the same.
I have stayec in thia hotel 2 yrs ago and was satisfied with my stay.
On this occasion I felt that the price did not match the service or quaity of our stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Tracey K,

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We always have a lot of compliments about breakfast but this seems not the case this time.

I am sorry to hear your breakfast was served cold. This is not our usual standard as cooked breakfast must be served piping hot. I will check with the chef why he served you cold breakfast and why the bacon had a funny taste as we use the best butcher who supplies very high quality meat.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope we get another chance in future to put this right for you.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Old character hotel, great location, friendly helpful reception and bar staff, especially Paul our favourite bartender. A five minute walk to downtown Paisley, the Abbey, museum and library. Close to supermarket, which has a self serve restaurant. Great value!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or children's activities but could not back out of the selection on form, Trip...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Sheena B,

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am pleased to hear that the building did not disappoint as it is a fabulous building full of character.

I have passed your kind words to Paul and he appreciates them.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Ashtree House Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Watermill Hotel? Share your experiences!