“Disappointing stay”
Review of Watermill Hotel

Watermill Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a repeat visit to the Watermill, having stay there under the previous owners a few times and always had a great stay. This time however there was a tour party in who seemed to enjoy getting up at 4am each morning and with the creaking floorboards and heavy footsteps we got very little sleep. The room itself was small but clean and the breakfasts were good. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am sorry that you were kept awake by the group who were up early.

While it is difficult for us to control the behaviour of other guests, we have taken a step and repaired the floorboard. The corridors are now very quiet.

Hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you to our hotel in future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on 4/1/14 and found it to be of good value the room was of a good standard but the floorboards do make a lot of noise , the view of the river cart was excellent and the glazing did keep out all sounds from the outside, the one thing I was looking forward to was missing from the menu, and that was square sliced sausage, apart from that the stay was pleasant and fair value for money, when in paisley I will use this hotel again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure we have square sausage on the menu the next time you visit.

Also, I am delighted to let you know that we have now sorted the floorboards. There will be less noise the next time you visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night out and was pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and helpful from start to finish. The room albeit it small was clean but a little dated. The bed was really comfy and i had a great nights sleep. The breakfast the next day was super and fresh.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking time to review us. We do appreciate guest feedback as it gives us a benchmark to evaluate ourselves.

I am pleased to say, since the last time you stayed the hotel has been refurnished and it looks fresher now.

Please visit us the next time you are in the area to witness this.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at there for two nights as part of the tour, the wifi was actually free of charge but the staff insisted not to give the password, and kept on saying that someone was fixing the wifi, however, until the day that we left, the wifi was still fixing... =..=!! The room was extremely old, and carpet seem never be washed. The wooden floor was too noisy when walking on it, seem like would collapse at any time. The bathroom was bad indeed, the hot water was not hot enough and the towels were dirty. The restaurant next to the reception had not many choices on the menu, the room charge was supposed to include breakfast, but the breakfast was only bread with butter and drinks. It's the worst breakfast that I have ever tried in my travelling life. The location was far from shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amie W. M. I
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed overnight after a family birthday. Our family room was spacious and clean but the bathroom especially could do with updating. We were on the first floor but didn't have any problems with floorboards as noted in other reviews - perhaps the room above us was empty. We overlooked the weir which is noisy so might not suit light sleepers. Our window didn't close properly but as we didn't notice until late on and didn't want to have to change rooms my husband did a temporary fix with a shoe lace! The beds were super comfy and cosy and the shower had plenty of water pressure. Breakfast was good - not the best I've ever had but by no means the worst. Staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. A good deal for the price I think, we'd certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river have a lovely view but can be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have known this Hotel all my life. I found the recent 2 nights I stayed there excellent modernization improvements noticeable, the staff were incredibly helpful and views over the Abbey amazing used to stay at Travel lodges give me a Hotel with character and heritage any day as opposed to the soulless travel lodges with there broken tellies.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Calum M
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed there with friends for 2 nights in November. We had a family gathering in this hotel for a few nights in November. We all meet up here as we were told that it was very central as it was indeed. Looking at the hotel it looked lovely as it was beside a beautiful fast flowing river and the setting was lovely. Unfortunately that was the best part about it. We were the lucky ones as we got the honeymoon room on the second floor. It was spacious enough but the floors were so creaky that we thought there were someone in our room during the night. Staff were very nice and helpful and the food was O.K. My friends were all complaining about how small the rooms were and some had heating and others were freezing. The floors in this hotel were creaky in every bedroom and few of my friends got very little sleep. Breakfast was O.K. But it is very unlikely that we would stay there again. It is such a pity as this could be a beautiful place to stay if this hotel could be updated to the twenty first century.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Ashtree House Hotel
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#1 of 3 in Renfrew
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Watermill Hotel? Share your experiences!