Watermill Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaisley town centrecentral locationbit datedsome tlcnight porterstaff were pleasantpublic areasthe hotel is cleanglasgow airportan overnight stayweddingabbeyscotlandpounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed overnight after a family birthday. Our family room was spacious and clean but the bathroom especially could do with updating. We were on the first floor but didn't have any problems with floorboards as noted in other reviews - perhaps the room above us was empty. We overlooked the weir which is noisy so might not suit light sleepers. Our window didn't close properly but as we didn't notice until late on and didn't want to have to change rooms my husband did a temporary fix with a shoe lace! The beds were super comfy and cosy and the shower had plenty of water pressure. Breakfast was good - not the best I've ever had but by no means the worst. Staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. A good deal for the price I think, we'd certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river have a lovely view but can be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have known this Hotel all my life. I found the recent 2 nights I stayed there excellent modernization improvements noticeable, the staff were incredibly helpful and views over the Abbey amazing used to stay at Travel lodges give me a Hotel with character and heritage any day as opposed to the soulless travel lodges with there broken tellies.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Calum M
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed there with friends for 2 nights in November. We had a family gathering in this hotel for a few nights in November. We all meet up here as we were told that it was very central as it was indeed. Looking at the hotel it looked lovely as it was beside a beautiful fast flowing river and the setting was lovely. Unfortunately that was the best part about it. We were the lucky ones as we got the honeymoon room on the second floor. It was spacious enough but the floors were so creaky that we thought there were someone in our room during the night. Staff were very nice and helpful and the food was O.K. My friends were all complaining about how small the rooms were and some had heating and others were freezing. The floors in this hotel were creaky in every bedroom and few of my friends got very little sleep. Breakfast was O.K. But it is very unlikely that we would stay there again. It is such a pity as this could be a beautiful place to stay if this hotel could be updated to the twenty first century.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

i stayed here at the weekend and i have to say i loved it, staff are very friendly and helpful night porter is a lovely guy so friendly i would stay here again when i'm in paisley yes the floors are freaky but i believe it will be sorted now it has new owners

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mandyjingles
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I see what other reviewers mean about the floorboards! Very creaky indeed!

I asked for a top floor room, and got one, so at least I didn't have anyone creaking above me. I tried my best not to creak for the person below, but it was impossible. Not creaky in the bathroom though.

Room wasn't a bad size, but there were two small single beds. I thought the bed was uncomforable. It was clean (I always strip the sheets off and look) as was the rest of the room and the bathroom.

You would struggle in the shower if you were 6ft as you'd be touching the ceiling. Also in my bathroom, the shower head wouldn't stay in the right position, so I had to hold the shower head whilst washing.

My room was overlooking the weir at the side - there was a fair bit of noise from that, but this did not bother me at all. Only thing was I didn't hear my alarm going off in the morning!

Most of the hotel looks tired - the carpet on the stairs is wearing thin.

As the hotel is fairly large, I think it would a very large amount of cash to bring back to a high standard.

Staff were very good that I saw - breakfast was very good too.

Parking isn't great - the hotel parking is against the building. Beware if you're in other spaces that these belong to the council, and there's a pay and display.

5 - 10 minutes walk from the shopping centre of Paisley. Fairly handy for the Airport and Glasgow.

I was going to give this 2 stars as it needs so much doing to it, but, it is clean, the breakfast is good, and the place is full of character. I'd have gone up to 4 stars, but you're fairly likely to be distrubed by those creaky floorboards unless you're lucky and get the top floor.

A refreshing change from the legions of Premier Inns and the like, though definitely needs work.

Room Tip: Top floor to minimise creaky floorboards.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business