Watermill Hotel
$78
  • Breakfast included
$122
$99
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
$52
$84
$69
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$84
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Ardgowan House(Paisley)(Great Value!)
$41
Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley) Hotel(Paisley)(Great Value!)
$85
PremierInn.com
$76
Priceline
$44
$39
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaisley town centrecentral locationbit datedsome tlcnight porterstaff were pleasantpublic areasthe hotel is cleanglasgow airportan overnight stayweddingabbeyscotlandpounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The bad points of this overpriced establishment far out weigh the only good point.
Paper thin walls and creaking floorboards meant the guests in the adjacent room kept me awake until 3.30am. Not good when I had a long drive home the next day. Window didn't shut properly and window frame was rotten. Bedspreads seen better days and were a bit threadbare. Only a sheet and a blanket, no duvet. Had problems trying to get the shower to work. Had to crouch down to get under the shower due to low ceiling height. Radiator in bathroom scorching hot and couldn't be turned off. Unbearable hot.
Breakfast was the only good point of my stay, but was marred by stained table linen. The cooked breakfast was delicious. Plenty of other options to choose from if desired. Did notice another guest served something not readily available but this option wasn't given to me. Waitress was pleasant enough.
On check out the receptionist was indifferent and did not enquiry about my stay.
Would never return here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank morvenscaraben
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Watermill hotel is a grade c listed building with alot of charm and character, which I do appreciate, may not appeal to everyone. Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do with some low ceilings in certain parts of the building as it is part of the architectural design.

However, had you raised some of the issues at the time of stay, we could have solved them. We are currently using blankets as it has been quite hot, but we have some duvets for guests who need them. I am sorry, this was not brought to my attention as I could have gladly offered a duvet.

Once again, thanking for your time and my sincere apologies thatwe did not meet your expectations at this time.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

A colleague booked a meeting-room for 3 hours. It was more like an interrogation room with no windows, phone line.This would have been bearable but when we decided to break for lunch we ad to interrupt the bar staff who would rather play the fruit machine than serve us or clean the tables which were dirty. That, together with the loud rap 'music' being played meant we didn't hang around for long. This place really needs to up its game as it is in a prime location and it could be a really nice place to meet in Paisley, as there are few nice places to go nearby.

Room Tip: One with a window!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank clare r
Management-Watermill, Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meeting room. Unfortunately, there is nothing much that can be done with the windows as this is a listed building and we are limited by what we can change in the physical structure.

I am disappointed that my staff were busy "playing the fruit machine" when they should have been serving you. This is against the company policy and will therefore will be doing an investigation and taking the necessary actions.

Once again, my sincere apologies on your disappointment on this particular occasion.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the watermill for the first time this month and after reading the reviews I was expecting the worst. I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel has lots of character which I loved. Breakfast was good the hot and cold stuff. The only thing they could change is the times cause I like my lie ins and 8 isnt a long lie.
The staff were very friendly and helpful with anything I needed.
The only problem was the cost of the wifi but they have to make money so going to the bar wasnt a problem for me.
I would definitely recommend the watermill as a great oart of paisley.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Italianwoma

Thank you for taking time to review us.

We do appreciate guest feedback as it gives us a benchmark to evaluate ourselves.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

You will be pleased to hear that we do serve breakfast on Weekends and Bank Holidays till 10.00 am and check out is not till 11.30 am.

Once again, many thanks for taking time to review us and we do hope to welcome you to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a great place for a wedding we all had a great time the staff could not have being any better they made it perfect for US we stayed overnight in the hotel the room was great and specious the breakfast was also good , I would like to say thank you to all the staff at the watermill hotel for everything on my daughter and son in laws special day

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely and kind words.

I am pleased to hear that Nicola and Ian had their dream wedding. We are so honoured to have been part of their special day.

We do wish them the very best for the future and please ask them to come and visit us whenever possible.

Once again, thank you for your time and heart warming words.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed at the watermill several times over a 20 year period. A Former Stakis hotel that retains the quality features expected. Rooms décor is tired, but I expect this will be dealt shortly with when the hotel comes out of receivership. Good ambience downstairs with all staff keen to deliver an excellent level of service. Staff resolved an early hours noise issue I had with people in room above.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking time to review us.

I am pleased to hear that my staff did their best to resolve the disturbance you experienced. My staff take pride in their work and always give 110% in whatever they do.

Once again, thank you for your time and I do hope you get time to visit us in the future and witness all the changes.