“Home from home”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Cupar, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed overnight at the Watermill on 29th Dec2012 had nice cosy room overlooking the Hamils, coincidentally same room we had on our last visit, very clean with hospitality tray and clean en suite facility with walk in shower. Lovely toiletries provided. Staff are very friendly, excellent chef breakfast was delicious. we will be back next time we are in our old home town as it is so convenient to town centre and travel links.

Room Tip: CHoose room 110 if you like waterfalls.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank comack33
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always strive to provide a great experience to our guests when they are away from home.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Wigan
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My mum and I stayed at the Watermill on the 10th Jan as we had travelled back to attend a family funeral. We found the accommodation a little dated but felt it was still in keeping with the building. The rooms were beautifully clean and comfortable. The staff however, were the friendliest and warmest around. Nothing was too much trouble for them and we were made to feel like honoured guests. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in going back there again. The Watermill is excellent value for money, try it yourself and see. A big thank you to ALL the staff. Lilian & Grace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lilian G
TheWatermill, Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind responce for our staff and hotel when you stayed. We strive to make each guests stay a memorable one. I will certainly pass on your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A big thank you to all staff on duty ,Diamonds and Tiaras night 16th dec ,our party had a great night. christmas dinner was really nice,disco and free tiaras Staff couldnt do enough for us .We danced all night

1 Thank blackie83
TheWatermill, Sales Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.
I am delighted you all had a good night and enjoyed your tiaras!!
I will pass on your comments to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Watermill.
scotland
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I felt i had to write a review after reading all the bad reviews we arrived for new years eve gala night first the receptionist was very helpfull rooms were fine clean which was the priority
the staff were excellent on the night and worked very hard the meal was excellent could not fault it the only negative i would have would be the seats were jammed close together but hey most xmas nights i go to are like that so you just put up with it its not a major problem. breakfast was excellent i have no hesistation in going here again and i feel the staff all work extremely hard.

Room Tip: try to get a room that isnt facing the car park
3 Thank kirsty9holidays
Thank you for your kind review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your evening with us and like most found the evening to be a huge success.
It was a pleasure for us to have worked with such a great crowd who appreciated all our efforts.
It is always nice to have good comments which I will pass on to our staff.
Kind regards
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

First impressions- shabby, unatmospheric ,noisy, canteen like ,so called ballroom.Presentation slapdash ,hacked smoked salmon, dried out pate. Main course was a plate of carrots with a meagre slice of turkey thrown over it,complimented by cheap chipolatoes minus bacon and dead stuffing,bouncing Brussels and don't get me started on the so-called roast potatoes .The staff who served us were willing enough but no doubt felt sheepish serving such fare-certainly no one asked us if our meal was ok -the whole experience took only 1 hour 15min. It was so depressing to spend such an important day in such a dismal way-never again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret C
Thank you for your review and can only apologise for your disatisfaction.
Our Ballroom which is very minimalistic and modern is obviously not to your preference and can only apologise for this. Christmas day is one of the busiest days of the year for most Hotels. Our Ballroom was fully booked at each sitting comfortably seating 100 guests would have background noise of chatting and laughter and subtle background music which only one would expect. We personally went around every table to check the satisfaction of the meal and if brought to our Managers attention any complaints could have been very easliy remedied. I am only sorry this was not so.

Travelers are raving about these Paisley hotels

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We had our Xmas dinner/night out on the 14th of December , my wife and I decided to stay the night since we were going to have a drink and the price was acceptable as part of the perk of booking the dinner there. When we arrived we checked in and showed to our room, no problems there , the decor and equipment was ok apart from the shower which you had to run with the adjustment of cold and hot constantly to have a shower, but we laughed about it and got on with it. The bar was ok busy and it seemed to be working well although later on the lack of staff caused ques and frustration. Eventually we were shown to our table, somewhat later than advertised, and we were surprised to see that we could not even sit next to each other let along eat . They tried to sit as many on every table in such a way that the people opposite me were eating in turn one eat one sit back one eat and so on. Then two other folk from our company showed up and the lady came over and asked us to put two chairs on opposite sides of the table for the couple to sit, to what speaking on behalf of the rest at the table I declined. The lady was extremely rude, to the effect that she turned and walked away while I was trying to explain the issue we all had. The two folk that had nowhere to sit left and as I found out later on they had gone home .
Meanwhile a company of a lot of lads that were with us and were sitting at the same table for their night out were asked to separate and the hotel staff lady put other folk from another company to sit with the remainder of them yet again squeezing into the space like the rest of us. When the food arrived it was very small portions and cold, apart from the fact you could not eat it from banging at your person next to you arms and plate, the staff however that served us I found acceptable and helpful although most of the night I ordered my drinks from the barman direct which was great.
At the end of the night the bouncers were very rude and treated us like sheep and only when I showed evidence of residency they backed off, is this the way they treat everybody that pays their wages.......
Got up in the morning and had every intention to go for breakfast but on the way downstairs I met my colleagues which said not to bother as it was rubbish so we went to morrisons where for less money we were fed and watered properly and with a smile.
To surmise , having been there once before 20 years ago ,now I know why I never went back all this time, and after the night we had and the way we were treated I can assure you that we will never be there again.
Do not book any Xmas party in this hotel unless you are prepared to lose money, time and your patience and ruin your night.

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Manuel D
Thank you for your review.
As it states on the Brochure Party Tables do apply and for some this can be misunderstood.
It might not be to everyones preference and I can assure you sufficient seating is provided to accomodate each and every party. It is however very unfortunate for others if party goers remove chairs from the seating plan taking up additional spaces to the detriment of other guests.
We as a hotel are never rude to anyone and can only apologise if you thought our astonishment at this behaviour came across in this manner. However as a management team who were finding a solution to this problem we felt that the other guests could have cooperated with the original seating plan thus ensuring the inconvenience to the other guests would never have arisen. I am happy to hear you liked the room and am at a loss as to why comments were made about the breakfast at £20 per person Bed and Breakfast we think it was only good value for money. The breakfast is cooked fresh every morning by our chef and served on a carvery unit offering all hot items helping yourself to as much as you like and a continental selection of cold meats, cheese, segments and pastries is all on offer too which in our opinion is excellent value for money.
London
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I felt after negative reviews, that I must share my own experience.
Myself and party of 14 had a great night at the Holywood themed event. Staff very friendly, rooms although a bit tired were toastly warm.... Pre ordered drinks were on tables in buckets and cold.
Food was warm and served as described.... Breakfast was hot and all items as described.

Good value for money in this day of hardship, great night was had by all my party.

Staff, accommodating, fun, happy and eager to please

3 Thank Lucinda D
Thank you for your review which I am delighted to read.
It was just very unfortunate that you had read negative reviews before arriving however I am delighted that you had a good night and everything was to your preference.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Ashtree House Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Courtyard Glasgow Airport

Been to Watermill Hotel? Share your experiences!