“Fabulous location and host”
Review of Muirholme B&B

Muirholme B&B
Ranked #1 of 8 Paisley B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fabulous location and host”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Muirholme B&B this past summer (August). Francesca was the most gracious host. The location is perfect for visiting Glasgow. It was very easy to walk to the train station just a couple of blocks away and board the train into the city center. The location is also convenient to the airport. The B&B common areas and bedrooms are beautifully decorated. We felt very comfortable staying with Francesca in her home. We hope to return in the future. We highly recommend for anyone traveling to Glasgow and surrounding area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #1 overlooking back yard. It was quiet and spacious. Also it had a large en suit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WSBird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently visited Paisley to participate at the Royal National Mod, and have no hesitation in recommending Muirholm Bed and Breakfast as a very comfortable and friendly place to stay. Franscesca made us feel very welcome and at home. The rooms were spotlessly clean, spacious and beautifully furnished. Tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits and crisps were available in our room. Breakfast was excellent with plently of choice from fresh fruit, cereals etc and a large freshly cooked selection. Nothing was too much trouble for our host. Many thanks Franscesca for making our stay such a pleasure and for giving us a lift into Paisley on Saturday morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sylvia A
hampshire
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Francesca, thank you for making our trip to Paisley for a Family Golden Wedding celebration, extra special. The welcome was so warm & friendly, your home so beautiful & spotlessly clean. Bed rooms are lovely & Breakfast a real treat with lots of choice.So glad we found your B & B.
Can't wait to return to be spoilt again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank duchess1Hampshire
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I were catching up with my family last week and found this beautiful B and B on the internet. When we arrived the two westie dogs were a home comfort as i have one at home and Fracessca (Lady who owns the house) could not of done more for us. We had a beautiful room, cleaned everyday with fresh biccies and crisps laid out in the room. The breakfast can be as big or as small as you want it and is always cooked to prefection.. The Eggs Benedict is something I wanted more and more of!! This B and B is ideal for business people and couples who are staying in Paisley with only a 10 minute walk to the town. Francessca can not do enough for you and bearing in mind she runs the B and B by herself with a lovely lady Annette who helps her clean the rooms. This place is a real home from home and i urge anyone who will be in the paisley area to go and stay! I will be again very Soon!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ciona G
Shoeburyness, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I have been fortunate enough to stay in numerous B & Bs and Hotels, both in this country and around the world, and we can say without a doubt, that Francesca's Muirholm B & B in Paisley is number 1 by far. It is in a very quiet residential street about 5 mins walk from the town centre.
The decoration & furnishings throughout this beautiful house are very tasteful & absolutely spotless.

With excellent hospitality from the moment we arrived, delicious freshly cooked breakfasts, and the most spotlessly clean room we have ever stayed in, we can give it nothing but an “Excellent” rating. Nothing was too much trouble for this lovely Lady. (In fact, she drove us 3 miles to nearby Johnstone one day to collect our Hire Car that we'd left at our friends' house after their party the night before!!!)

Francesca was very apologetic that (as she was fully booked) we would have to have her smallest double room at the back of the house, overlooking the immaculately kept garden! It was very spacious with an en suite and a huge walk-in wardrobe! It had the most beautiful decoration with matching bedding & curtains and the bed was incredibly comfortable too..
She wanted to move us to a bigger room after 2 days, but we really didn't see the need to move from our beautiful room, so stayed put!
I don't normally sleep very well, but actually it was so quiet, with just birds singing in the morning, that I was able to go down to breakfast every day feeling quite refreshed.

We left after a four night stay feeling that we had made a new friend. Thank you Francesca for welcoming us into your beautiful home. We will be back soon and will definitely recommend you to our Family & Friends too!

Lyn & Del

Room Tip: All the rooms were tastefully decorated with en suite facilities. Room 4 at the back, where we staye...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lyn S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

You would never know that this is a guest house!

Its stunning interior, one room has a bathroom with black marble floor with diamante sparkles imbedded in, with a free standing bath sitting in the middle. The carpet in the room is of highest standards, the type that just sinks your toes into it. It has the most comfortable HUGE beds you can think of and is excellent value for money. You even get extra little complimentary snacks in your room, rocky bars, crisp and mini cheddars was what I had on my last visit. All you have to decide is which side of the bed you are going to sleep on.

On arrival, you are met by the owner Francesca, lovely lady, who will show you to your room and advise of facilities and breakfast arrangements.
Now.... Breakfast is a different kettle of fish... the table is laid out with all matching crockery, place mats and the best of all is the tea pot comes with its own tea cosy... reminds me of Ethel from east enders, those of you who remember way back then.. LOVE IT!

All I can say is the place is stunning, decorated with such class and to a very high spec, brass door handles are polished where it shines so much you can use it as a mirror, and you get such a warm welcome which makes you feel right at home.
I’ve stayed in many 5* hotels, and this guest house is right up there ... and if this was the choice in every location i stayed.. id choose it over any Radisson or Hilton any day.

Enjoy your stay!
Tara

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tara O
Downpatrick, Co Down
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I just spent a night at Muirholme as I had a business trip to Hillington (not far from Glasgow Airport) and couldn't face another dawn flight. I got a taxi from the airport which only took five minutes - got the rudest taxi driver in Scotland - but that's another story. I was very glad to arrive at Muirholme and the owner, Francesca was so friendly I felt immediately at home. My first impression was of a spotlessly clean and polished, large, cosy, family home. Muirholme also feels very Scottish, from the tartan carpet (very tastefully done!) to Francesca's two little West Highland White terriers. Don't worry if you're not keen on dogs, they are kept well out of the way and apart from the occasional 'woof' I didn't notice them. Francesca only brought them out because I like dogs and asked to see them. My room seemed to have been newly decorated - everything was incredibly clean and fresh. The ensuite bathroom looked like it had just been installed. There wasn't a smudge of dirt anywhere. The large bed had a good quality mattress and luxurious linen. There was a wall-mounted flat screen TV and I was able to get Wifi using BT Openzone. Good double glazing meant there was no noise from outside and as there are only a few guest rooms, inside was quiet too. I had a great, uninterrupted night's sleep and a terrific breakfast the next morning. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business