““A special stay with a special Lady””
Review of Muirholme B&B

Muirholme B&B
Ranked #1 of 8 Paisley B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I have been fortunate enough to stay in numerous B & Bs and Hotels, both in this country and around the world, and we can say without a doubt, that Francesca's Muirholm B & B in Paisley is number 1 by far. It is in a very quiet residential street about 5 mins walk from the town centre.
The decoration & furnishings throughout this beautiful house are very tasteful & absolutely spotless.

With excellent hospitality from the moment we arrived, delicious freshly cooked breakfasts, and the most spotlessly clean room we have ever stayed in, we can give it nothing but an “Excellent” rating. Nothing was too much trouble for this lovely Lady. (In fact, she drove us 3 miles to nearby Johnstone one day to collect our Hire Car that we'd left at our friends' house after their party the night before!!!)

Francesca was very apologetic that (as she was fully booked) we would have to have her smallest double room at the back of the house, overlooking the immaculately kept garden! It was very spacious with an en suite and a huge walk-in wardrobe! It had the most beautiful decoration with matching bedding & curtains and the bed was incredibly comfortable too..
She wanted to move us to a bigger room after 2 days, but we really didn't see the need to move from our beautiful room, so stayed put!
I don't normally sleep very well, but actually it was so quiet, with just birds singing in the morning, that I was able to go down to breakfast every day feeling quite refreshed.

We left after a four night stay feeling that we had made a new friend. Thank you Francesca for welcoming us into your beautiful home. We will be back soon and will definitely recommend you to our Family & Friends too!

Lyn & Del

Room Tip: All the rooms were tastefully decorated with en suite facilities. Room 4 at the back, where we staye...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lyn S
There are newer reviews for Muirholme B&B

Reviewed August 23, 2013

You would never know that this is a guest house!

Its stunning interior, one room has a bathroom with black marble floor with diamante sparkles imbedded in, with a free standing bath sitting in the middle. The carpet in the room is of highest standards, the type that just sinks your toes into it. It has the most comfortable HUGE beds you can think of and is excellent value for money. You even get extra little complimentary snacks in your room, rocky bars, crisp and mini cheddars was what I had on my last visit. All you have to decide is which side of the bed you are going to sleep on.

On arrival, you are met by the owner Francesca, lovely lady, who will show you to your room and advise of facilities and breakfast arrangements.
Now.... Breakfast is a different kettle of fish... the table is laid out with all matching crockery, place mats and the best of all is the tea pot comes with its own tea cosy... reminds me of Ethel from east enders, those of you who remember way back then.. LOVE IT!

All I can say is the place is stunning, decorated with such class and to a very high spec, brass door handles are polished where it shines so much you can use it as a mirror, and you get such a warm welcome which makes you feel right at home.
I’ve stayed in many 5* hotels, and this guest house is right up there ... and if this was the choice in every location i stayed.. id choose it over any Radisson or Hilton any day.

Enjoy your stay!
Tara

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tara O
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I just spent a night at Muirholme as I had a business trip to Hillington (not far from Glasgow Airport) and couldn't face another dawn flight. I got a taxi from the airport which only took five minutes - got the rudest taxi driver in Scotland - but that's another story. I was very glad to arrive at Muirholme and the owner, Francesca was so friendly I felt immediately at home. My first impression was of a spotlessly clean and polished, large, cosy, family home. Muirholme also feels very Scottish, from the tartan carpet (very tastefully done!) to Francesca's two little West Highland White terriers. Don't worry if you're not keen on dogs, they are kept well out of the way and apart from the occasional 'woof' I didn't notice them. Francesca only brought them out because I like dogs and asked to see them. My room seemed to have been newly decorated - everything was incredibly clean and fresh. The ensuite bathroom looked like it had just been installed. There wasn't a smudge of dirt anywhere. The large bed had a good quality mattress and luxurious linen. There was a wall-mounted flat screen TV and I was able to get Wifi using BT Openzone. Good double glazing meant there was no noise from outside and as there are only a few guest rooms, inside was quiet too. I had a great, uninterrupted night's sleep and a terrific breakfast the next morning. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KateGormley
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were traveling Scotland starting and ending from Paisley and Muirholm was our last stop. This B&B was like being kept in someone's personal residence that was over the top well kept. Franchesca is a very fine hostess and treats everyone like special family.

Room Tip: All rooms neat and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here with my Dad while Mum in hospital, Francesca was so welcoming and the rooms were spotless with huge comfy beds. This is much more like a luxury family home than a B&B and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast. It is the personal touch that makes this place so special and Francesca went out of her way to look after us while Mum was ill. She's a star!

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 1 and 4
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a wonderful B&B in Paisley; a warm and welcoming home. The host was so friendly and hospitable, and the bedroom I had with large ensuite bathroom was beautiful, very comfortable. The breakfast menu was excellent, offering a great selection, and very tasty. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay. The whole house was very warm, and I loved the room I was given. The owner was very helpful and friendly on arrival and throughout my stay.
Rooms were tastefully decorated and comfortable, breakfast was fabulous and nothing was too much trouble. If your looking for a high quality B&B in Paisley look no further.
I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family