“Good buffet and friendly staff”
Review of Sitar

Sitar
Ranked #108 of 174 Restaurants in Paisley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We visited Sitar for the lunchtime buffet and found it very good value for money. The range of food; starters, sides and mains was good and it was nice to try a variety of different dishes rather than a set meal. The only slight criticism I have is that there was not a great range for dessert - it was a choice between cake or ice-cream and it would have been nice to have some fruit/fruit salad or something like that. The staff are very friendly and helpful, often checking to see if customers require any further service. I'd say it's a great place to go with friends or family for a nice, relatively inexpensive meal.

6  Thank Elbee34

Reviewed July 30, 2013

i reviewed the sitar a few years ago as the buffet was so good it deserved praise. oddly in that time the buffet has become less good - the starters are brought to you and pretty ordinary, there's little meat in the curries & service can be chaotic at busy times - so we went for a la carte dishes.

I have to say they were brilliant,very freshly prepared and delicious. I had chicken tandoori as a starter, half a chicken beautifully spiced and cooked, and my husband his beloved pakora. the mains were even better: a succulent moist lamb biryani with medium hot vegetable curry for me and a chicken jaipuri redolent of mushroom and peppers, very dark and savoury, for my husband. this was with plain rice and a crispy naan. we also ordered a side of raita, and got a big bowl of tangy, fresh yoghurt with cucumber that cooled the dishes very well.

service was a little slow as it was quiet and only one waiter on duty, but it didn't matter a bit as the meal was so good. its also reasonable, as you get a meal and a bottle of cold crisp white wine for less than £40. you also get poppadums & sauces for free.

we know from experience the take aways are also superb and huge - one is enough for two people - and the sitar is great value all round.

6  Thank hfulton32
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently visited Paisley in Scotland and walked into the nearest Indian restaurant to have an evening meal. I have to say it was one of the best Indian meals we have had and I must say that my husband, who lived and worked in both India and Pakistan, thought it was as good as he has had. The food was absolutely excellent, the personal service very attentive and when the owner heard it was in fact our wedding anniversary he presented us with both a courtesy round of drinks and a bottle of wine to enjoy latter. I have to say I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is serious about Indian cuisine and good service.

5  Thank B M
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

food is as fresh as it comes, full of flavour and piping hot, deserts are not your usual crap, staff very friendly and clean, deffo my new indian restarant in paisley

5  Thank robertmcdowall
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is the centre of paisley and literally 5 mins drive from Glasgow Airport where we were staying. We were away for our anniversary and were made to feel very welcomed. The lamb curry was the best I've eaten! The plates where served warm which was nice.

5  Thank ronnie102030