“Great for the Airport”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
scotland - troon
“Great for the Airport”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed here as all the hotels in Glasgow were fully booked, there was a Pink concert and also a festival on, so this was the nearest hotel we could get to the city centre.
The check in was quick and efficient although there was a slight queue, but being an airport hotel there is a constant stream of folk in and out. We were given a room that was OK, clean & bright, but, pet hate, the windows didn’t open.
It was a very hot afternoon and the air con wasn’t working, and yes, the windows didn’t open, this really drives me mad in hotels. I went down to the front desk on our way out for a coffee and was told it would be fixed by the time we got back. It wasn’t fixed in fact it hadn’t even been reported. I got the attention of one of the receptionists and he sent someone up immediately. The air con was unable to be repaired as it was a weekend and so he offered us a fan. That didn’t make any difference and we asked for another room. We were told that there were only smoking rooms, I can’t sleep in a smoking room, having tried in the past and just wake up with a hangover. I asked for him to arrange another hotel for me which of course he was unable to do. After me pointing out that my husband is a gold card member he managed to find us a non smoking suite which was actually very nice, however after all the to-ing and fro-ing we only spend about 30 mins in there getting showered and changed, still it was a vey nice gesture and much appreciated.
As we were on our way out with friends we didn’t eat in the hotel so I can’t really comment on the food. The next morning as we had missed breakfast we had a coffee in reception. I asked for a muffin and though they didn’t have any, the waiter who was very friendly, went and got a plate of mini pastries which hit the spot.
I am staying there again later this month as we have a very early flight from Glasgow and I must say due to the pleasant way we were treated and the proximity to the airport I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank richles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Turkish first
Perugia, Italy
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed there only shortly (I had a connecting flight early on the next day). I flew in rather late (~11 PM), and I flew out ~6 AM. Due to its proximity to the airport I could afford additional 40 minutes of sleep. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to leave it. I found the rooms clean and more spacey than I would have expected for an airport hotel (for 45 pounds only).
We had a tasty traditional fish and chips at the bar. Definitely worth it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night before we flew off on holiday. Check in was fine, and the room was very nice, air con working fine as it was a really hot day. Shower nice and hot. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel as it seemed to be very expensive, we ended up walking across to the airport for a meal, which is generally unheard of, considering how much they normally charge! If the food and drink were cheaper, I'm sure more people would stop in the hotel, we didn't see many people dining. When we got back to the room, it was nice and cool, but it blew a bit in my face, so I ended up turning it off. No noise from the airport whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pinchy
Bolton
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Location is excellent for meeting collegues from the airport and visiting sites around the glasgow area.
As a priority club member (loyalty card) I am often up graded and well looked after by the staff. Reception are friendly and professional as are the staff who offer an excellent breakfast. Nightporter room service also ensure great attention for a late snack. I suggest if you read a bad review it will be from someone on a one night stay in a basic room before holidays. I would recomend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Typical chain hotel at Glasgow airport ideally situated right across the road from arrivals & departures area - literally 2 minutes walk.
We stayed the night before flying out the next morning as I suppose a lot of people do - there's little other reason to be here. Small room.
Did not sleep much at all. It was a warm night & the air conditioning heating unit in room unusable because far too noisy. Also a whining noise - probably some fans somewhere nearby was distracting at night. It was a warm night so it was a stuffy, hot sweaty night. Other distraction was people in nearby room getting up early, using bathroom etc - I guess preparing for an early flight. This is not the first time we've had similar issues at this hotel so we will not use again.
We only paid £45 for a double for 2 people booked direct through Holiday Inn website a couple of months in advance - non refundable. Not expensive but it doesn't matter how cheap it is if you can't sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RealTony

Travelers are raving about these Paisley hotels

Prestwick, Scotland
Reviewed June 12, 2010

we booked this hotel as an overnight stay prior to an early flight and as such we did not eat or drink in the hotel.

we found the check in to be very efficient, with the staff friendly and helpful.

the room was functional and clean - sufficent for our needs.

We booked the hotel on the internet as a deal with parking for our car for the duration of our holiday and must advise that the internet DOES NOT mention that the car park is off site with a shuttle bus - 15 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanzebra2
Gulf Breeze, FL
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our room was very clean and had been recently remodeled; the evening buffet was very good and the morning breakfast could not have been better. The location is unbelievably near to the airport.

• Stayed June 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Ashtree House Hotel
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!