We stayed here as all the hotels in Glasgow were fully booked, there was a Pink concert and also a festival on, so this was the nearest hotel we could get to the city centre.
The check in was quick and efficient although there was a slight queue, but being an airport hotel there is a constant stream of folk in and out. We were given a room that was OK, clean & bright, but, pet hate, the windows didn’t open.
It was a very hot afternoon and the air con wasn’t working, and yes, the windows didn’t open, this really drives me mad in hotels. I went down to the front desk on our way out for a coffee and was told it would be fixed by the time we got back. It wasn’t fixed in fact it hadn’t even been reported. I got the attention of one of the receptionists and he sent someone up immediately. The air con was unable to be repaired as it was a weekend and so he offered us a fan. That didn’t make any difference and we asked for another room. We were told that there were only smoking rooms, I can’t sleep in a smoking room, having tried in the past and just wake up with a hangover. I asked for him to arrange another hotel for me which of course he was unable to do. After me pointing out that my husband is a gold card member he managed to find us a non smoking suite which was actually very nice, however after all the to-ing and fro-ing we only spend about 30 mins in there getting showered and changed, still it was a vey nice gesture and much appreciated.
As we were on our way out with friends we didn’t eat in the hotel so I can’t really comment on the food. The next morning as we had missed breakfast we had a coffee in reception. I asked for a muffin and though they didn’t have any, the waiter who was very friendly, went and got a plate of mini pastries which hit the spot.
I am staying there again later this month as we have a very early flight from Glasgow and I must say due to the pleasant way we were treated and the proximity to the airport I am looking forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport is the ideal Hotel for those on business or enjoying a holiday in Scotland. Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport is the closest hotel to Glasgow Airport and only 10 minutes from Glasgow City Centre where fabulous shopping and nightlife is in abundance, an ideal base for anyone enjoying a City Break or many of the City Key Attractions. Direct Motorway access provides quick and easy links to the major Tourist Attraction of Loch Lomond, The Trossachs, Stirling and Edinburgh. While the Golf Attractions of Troon & Ayrshire are also within easy reach. For guests who need Long Stay Car Parking, the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport has superb Park Stay & Go Packages which include Great Value Secure Parking for upto 15 days. For the Corporate Business Traveller there is the added benefit of our Academy Meeting & Events Facility with a great range of services. Please select the Meetings & Business link at the top of this page for full details. Our IHG Rewards Club members can now enjoy FREE WIFI Access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport Paisley, Scotland