“perfect”

Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

stayed here after been on holiday, arrived at 2 am and was greeted by cheerfull receptionist .The room was spacious and clean..Breakfast was included in the price which was all you can eat, plenty to choose from ..ceral fruit..cooked breakfast...perfect...defo would stay here again

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
IvarvDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear 777Julia,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the perfect 5 out of 5 rating! Great motivator for the team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Booked this hotel for 1 night on return from our holiday and paid extra for a deluxe room with a kingsize bed. When checking in we got offered a twin room which we declined as I had already paid extra for a deluxe room, but we were put in a standard room. not happy with the service at all and would not return anytime soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Suziee14,

Many thanks for posting a review. I am sorry to learn that you felt had reason to comment on this occasion. I am puzzled with regards to the room types you have referred to and would like to get to the bottom of this so we have a full and clear picture. Equally, our service and staff are praised on many occasions so again I am surprised to hear you felt unhappy with this. I look forward to hearing from you on my email address that I have sent you via direct mail.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Really close to airport - a walk away. Room okay for a night or two, but as rather small not useful for longer. However it was clean and comfortable. Breakfasts are brilliant , but we had to repeatedly ask for our tea and coffee to be replenished. The evening meal was well cooked. However we were in a group so choice of dishes not very imaginative. One lady ordered trout and got salmon! I ordered an irish coffee as it was cold in the hotel and no one knew how to make it ! Though there is a small Starbucks within the hotel. handy to walk to the airport or catch a bus into Glasgow.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Julia908,

thank you for your review and sharing and confirming that Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport is the most convenient located Hotel for the Airport! I am sorry to learn that you found the menu chosen by your group organiser to be limited. The Hotel has a wide variety of food on offer. I appreciate your feedback regarding the service and it appears we have some work to do in this area although your comments are most untypical for our usual high standards of service. With regards to room size I would like to clarify that varying room types are available at the Hotel which vary slightly in size however all offer comfortable surroundings.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

The service at Holiday Inn was brilliant. The reception, restaurant and bar staff were really friendly and professional. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was really good, my husband particularly enjoyed the haggis and black pudding. :-) So convenient. Just a short walk from the airport and close to the express bus to Glasgow.

Dear Ethel D,

What a wonderful review of our Hotel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am particularly pleased that you have rated our team so highly as they are a credit to the Hotel and it is equally a great source of motivation to them. Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport is the Airports best located and most convenient Hotel so I am pleased you have had the pleasure of experiencing this along with a great fully cooked breakfast! We hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Hotel has a wonderful location....literally walk across the street to airport.
Rooms are very small and beds are small if you are tall.....more of a New York
feel. Few outlets to plug in electronics and staff was short and not the most
accomodating. Car Rental is next door so you can walk back to hotel after
returning car.......all in all super convenient if flying out and just need one night
for a quick stay.

Room Tip: Wifi is not included in the room price and no restaurants close
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear 335Donna,

thanks for posting a review following your stay and sharing that the location of our Hotel is unbeatable and super convenient! I have noted your feedback regarding electrical sockets and can assure you that as and when our rooms are undergoing refurbishment that this is something that will be addressed with the first large amount of rooms to undergo refurbishment later this year. The Hotel indeed offers varying room types which slightly differ in size yet all offer a great level of comfort. We look forward to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I stay here every time I work, and its usually for a short few hours. The staff here are just lovely and always do all they can to help with last minute printing and wake up calls. I had an executive room this time, which comes with a bottle of red wine (very welcome surprise) and water and tea and coffee all complimentary! I love the location given that I can walk straight out of the airport and straight into the hotel so there's no added time wasted in cabs at the end of a long day. I'd highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Melbs79,

Thanks for your fabulous recommendation! Always a pleasure to receive such a great review and most certainly a great source of motivation for our team which you have acknowledged wonderfully! I am pleased you enjoyed our Executive news and even better we will shortly be refurbishing a large amount of this room type so watch this space on your next visits. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Opposite the airport terminal. At reception we were given an internet voucher which she thought might work for two devices. It didn't so I had to make another trip to reception where a different receptionist implied it was my fault. Although we had been "upgraded" the room was still small and the bathroom was tidy. Breakfast was poor with our order of poached eggs forgotten and they were of poor quality when the finally arrived.

Dear Travel_Duck_UK,

thank you for posting a review following your stay and great to hear that you experienced our excellent Glasgow Airport location. Apologies for the fact that it took a bit longer to get you on line for free on two devices. Each device requires a voucher to access our free internet service that is available to all IHG Reward Members. With regards to room size I would like to clarify that the Hotel offers varies room types with some offering more space then others. I have noted your comments regarding breakfast which are most unusual and already spoken to our kitchen team to ensure a similar situation will not occur in future.

Ivar van Diepen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Watermill Hotel
Watermill Hotel
#9 of 9 in Paisley

Been to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!