“Awful.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamishes' Hoose

Hamishes' Hoose
Ranked #36 of 157 Restaurants in Paisley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in Paisley town centre, Hamishes’ Hoose was opened with great fanfare in 1988 as a Traditional Bar/Restaurant. Our promise was (and still is) to provide: good, honest to goodness value for money; Food, Drink and the best Entertainment in the town in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.We have a great team to serve you, every member of our cheery staff is regularly battered into submission so that they will provide you with the best service in town, and hey! you might even get a smile to go with your order.Hamishes’ Hoose has won awards for our community based outlook, our massive contribution to the entertainment scene and we were also finalists in the Pub of the Year awards hosted by the Licensed Trade Association of Scotland. We stock only the best of produce from local suppliers and pride ourselves on our popular range of beers.At Hamishes we are dedicated to making sure that the good people of Paisley have one of the finest eating, drinking and entertainment venues in the West of Scotland.
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have visited Hamishes Hoose a good number of times over the past few years and have never had any complaints so my partner and I decided to go here for lunch on the Sunday before Christmas. It was, this time however, a huge disappointment.

We had ordered the Christmas dinners with all the trimmings that were a 2for1 special that day. The food that we were served however was appalling and we left most of it on our plates - the turkey came with a grey slice in the middle that had a ring of stuffing in it stuck between 2 cooked slices, the pigs in blankets were still raw and even the veg wasn't freshly cooked. We started to suspect that this was either freezer or microwave food and this was confirmed when one of the staff came in with a full load of shopping from the local co-op, bags filled with frozen veg etc, and took it straight into the kitchen.

The window sills could also do with a clean as there were dead flies stuck to a vase !

This was a huge disappointment as I had been previously impressed with Hamishes food quality and staff. Sadly this is no longer the case :(

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Lauren K
PaisleyPiero, Manager at Hamishes' Hoose, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi Lauren, I very sorry that we did not meet our usual very high standards on this occassion. Its inexcusable. I can only offer our most sincere apologies and if you email us on hamisheshoose@aol.com I will make sure you are compensated for this lapse. Happy New Year!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I took one of my sons here for lunch recently taking advantage of the 2 for 1 offer.
The portion size of sons steak pie and chips met with his approval. "man that was rare" was his appraisal. I think translated that must mean excellent judging by the big facial grin and his empty plate!
I had the chicken pie which was also very good. The staff were very friendly even though they were rushed off their feet.
My only criticism would be that a female working within the kitchen area and we caught an occasional glimpse off, looked dirty and dishevelled. The top she was wearing looked filthy. Had I seen her before I'd eaten I'd have left.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank numptieheid
PaisleyPiero, Manager at Hamishes' Hoose, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thanks for your very nice comments about our great food and the comment about the kitchen hand has been noted and will be acted on. Thanks again for your input.
“Great food, atmosphere and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hamishes hoose is a great pub, freshly cooked meals and generous portions,the staff are very helpful and polite,

The atmosphere in the bar is great and also Chris and his kareoke brought in a lot of regulars

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PaisleyPiero, Manager at Hamishes' Hoose, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hi Dale, Thanks for all the very positive comment about oor Hoose, Glad you like us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Hygene”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

If this is an overall view.not just about food..then i have major issues with regards to the LACK of cleanliness in the Ladies toilets....Disgusting is putting it mildly!...I have been in Hamishes for both..meals and night out...It makes me wonder how the female staff tolerate such facilities?..They def need an overhaul..ASAP!!....On the plus side..the food is great..and plenty of it..and the staff are on the whole friendly...x

Visited July 2012
We are aware of the tired state of not only the toilets but of the pub as a whole, we experienced a great amount of water ingress during the recent refurbishment of Gilmour street railway station. There will be an announcment soon of steps being taken to recify the defects in the fabric of Hamishes Hoose. Follow us on Twitter and facebook to get the latest news.
“Best pub in paisley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I go to hamishes on a weekly basis now. The food is always amazing and the fact its two for one makes it even better. The entertainment at the weekend is spectacular - its the best karaoke I've been to in a long time! All in all its just a great wee pub!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PaisleyPiero, Manager at Hamishes' Hoose, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Fantastic review, we are all really chuffed to read what you thought of us. We will strive to keep our standards as high in the future as we have in the past. Thank You