“Hidden gem! Amazing restaurant with tasty food.”
Review of Japan Street Food

Japan Street Food
Order Online
Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in Paisley
Description: Every city has its' own hidden corners and Japan Street Food belongs to historic Paisley city gem collection! Explore Authentic flavours, fresh food and unique desig and discover your Japan here!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful food and beautiful atmosphere. Servers are lovely. Food is authentic and amazing quality.

Was visiting the area with my fiancee for a few days and saw this restaurant while passing. Made sure to head back for evening meal and was not disappointed. Everything is made to your liking; mild, spicy or no spice. Enjoyed the pork belly ramen and beef teriyaki. Considering the quality of the food, I was shocked with how affordable it was.

Will make sure to pop in again when in the area!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (131)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s not easy to find good, authentic sushi outside of Japan really, in a world of compressed, mass processed supermarket attempts at it. This place gets it spot on. A good, varied menu with some of the basic essentials and favourites (the kind of stuff that ‘Yo!’ Sushi (don’t get me started)) have seen fit just to completely stop of favour of mayonnaise and avocado a plenty. Sacrilege in my opinion. This wonderful place serves succulent melt-in-the-mouth sushi; the nigiri is spot on, bento boxes have good varied content...a bit like the menu, which is varied and well thought out. The ambience is great too, the interior decor is completely akin to a backstreet Tokyo sushi bar (if a little bigger!) and I know because I’ve been there! I often go out of my way and take a detour to come here because it gets sushi spot on. Do yourself a favour and drop in as soon as you can. You’re welcome ;)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I are so sad that we live so far away from this restaurant... We were visiting the area and were so lucky to come across this gem! I had a tofu bento box, everything in it was absolutely delicious. The tofu and dumplings were crispy but not oily. We also shared some tempura sweet potato which was also amazing. After all that food, we weren’t really that hungry but as everything else had been so good we thought that we’d just have to try a dessert as well. I had the little pancakes filled with chocolate mousse - they did not disappoint! We didn’t catch the young guys name who served us but he was very attentive and helpful.

To the owners - please can you open a branch in the south of England? (or maybe send us all your recipes!)

If you’re not sure whether or not to visit this restaurant, you’ll be missing out if you don’t!!

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

At £23 for a sushi platter apalling value sushi was miniscule . Absolute rip off one sachet of soy sauce for the platter no wasabi . Never again. I always try and support local business but they are definately taking the mick I wont be back and sadly you wont survive long with these prices.

Date of visit: September 2019
jennycapl, No-one at Japan Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Oh dear,

With your abilities to support businesses by asking for cheap eats, no wonder only chippies and "Ice-lands" flourishing in this area and are not looking to be any more inviting to tourists and visitors from other areas. We provide fresh high quality JAPANESE FOOD - made to order, not frozen to order, so we set our prices accordingly to the costs and overall environment (staff wages increasing, Brexit rising the prices of import, etc.).
Before judging someone else, please put yourself in the shoes of those you judging and tell us how would you run place like that and would it be any better.

Anyhow, thanks for your precious time and good luck searching for a better sushi in the frozen isle of Farm/foods or Tesco. We will be alright with visitors, who do know the value to such establishment in their area.

No regards.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

We visited this lovely restaurant as a 3 generational family and were totally charmed. The food was delicious and I would highly recommend the sashimi and bento boxes. As the restaurant was quiet, being early lunch time, the sushi chef allowed my two grandsons to make some sushi under his instruction at the end of our meal. This was not pre-arranged but he was absolutely delightful with them and allowed them to take their dishes home afterwards. I understand he is going to run courses nearer Christmas and I would highly recommend these when he does. I will definitely return the next time I am in the area.