“Never again”

Murrayshall House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Scone
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my friends for business and it looked amazing on internet I drove up and it matched everything I was looking for however room was not nice and very tired and old fashioned and not to a good standard, service by miss mackintosh was awful in cocktail bar very rude talked down to us, we only managed 3 drinks in 3 hours, were not allowed to order steak from main restaurant into cocktail bar I could see why I could not eat a burger in main restaurant but the other way around is beyond me, bar bill wrong, ordered 2 deserts to taste both and waitress looked down on me and said you are ordering 2, yes that's right my dear I would like a choice!! She

• Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank Kellie D

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I were treated to a 2 night stay at Murrayshall House Hotel from my sister and brother-in-law. They have been going for several years and always rated the hotel very highly. The location is in a beautiful setting with two adjoining golf courses. My husband enjoyed the two rounds of golf on Hogmanay and New Year's Day. The women had a fair walk to Scone village so be prepared with some good walking boots and suitable rainwear.
The hotel room was very nice and staff were very attentive at all times. Food was really excellent and plentiful with local produce on the menu.
The Hogmanay dinner was well organised and well presented. We ate in the Old Masters restaurant and moved to the Clubhouse for some dancing to a live band leading up to the "Bells". There are lovely roaring fires if you prefer to relax in comfortable surroundings.
The New Years' Day Brunch is a special treat, starting at 8:30am with pastries and croissants, all types of breakfast dishes and moving on to cold cuts with fabulous salads, fruits and special chef's desserts!
A lovely place to relax and chill out and dog lovers can even bring their pets with them!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Enjoyed a relaxing stay at Murrayshall Hotel. A beautiful setting with lovely grounds. Room was extremely comfortable, restaurant offered good menu from local produce and staff very attentive. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went to a Christmas party here last Saturday and had a GREAT time.
We arrived to a friendly and efficient welcome and check-in, went upstairs to a beautiful and comfortable bedroom in the main hotel, and enjoyed some drinks and a great meal in the function suite.
The DJ and his special assistant were brilliant at getting the party started and keeping it going till 1am, after which we had another couple of drinks before heading upstairs where we slept like logs. In the morning, we were served a brilliant cooked breakfast while we swapped tales with friends about the party.
Thanks to everyone who made our stay so much fun and so very enjoyable.
The hotel has two golf courses and a driving range but I don't think there is a pool or spa - we didn't have time to go looking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
MHManager, Manager at Murrayshall House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Iain M

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you and the rest of your party enjoyed your stay. Our party nights have been very successful this year with many comments about the quality of the food and service. Our resident DJ has been as popular as ever and has already confirmed for next year. I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Having read some of the reviews for this hotel we were a bit apprehensive but any fears were completely unfounded. The hotel location is beautiful. Service was friendly, efficient but without being obtrusive. We stayed in the Murray Room which is huge and has double aspect windows with great views. Excellent value for money and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
MHManager, Manager at Murrayshall House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

I am glad that enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for the kind comments. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Only went because of itison deal, £9 for 2 courses and glass of wine. Good value. Formal dining room complete with white linen tablecloths. Very good food, perfect portion size, promptly served, by attentive, friendly staff. Lovely separate, comfortable bar area. Would definately come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MHManager, Manager at Murrayshall House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your lunch and the comfortable surroundings and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night over the weekend. The building is lovely as you drive up and the golf courses and grounds look great. Lovely location, just outside of Perth.
However, the room we were in (5) was somewhat tired and sad. It was very basic with a small tv, no fridge or mini bar and tired looking decor. Wifi cost £9 per day - poor in this day an age for a hotel I would say.

The staff were friendly enough and the bar at the clubhouse was very nice to sit and have a drink. The public rooms looked far nicer that the room we stayed in.

Breakfast was in a nice room and was very tasty.

Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: the standard one we were in wasn't very nice - i have heard from a friend that the suites are lo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Sorry that you did not enjoy your room, our rooms in the main house are all individually decorated in a country house fashion using premium fabrics and furnishings. The hotel rooms do not have mini bars or fridges in them but our external suites are all furnished with a small fridge and microwave oven as well as seperate lounge areas. Perhaps next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scone
Ballathie House Hotel
Sunbank House Hotel
Sunbank House Hotel
#5 of 18 in Perth
Holiday Inn Express Perth

Been to Murrayshall House Hotel? Share your experiences!