Murrayshall Country House Hotel & Golf Courses
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsold mastersjunior suitefirst classclubhouse barperthshire countrysidewedding partythe main hoteldining roomlovely hotelstandard roomsconesbeautiful settingwine listan overnight stayfollowing morningelemis toiletrieshigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a perfect wedding venue with the grounds and the views and I believe this is a large part of their business along with golf. We stayed there on a Friday night, the staff at the reception were courteous and helpful and the hotel is clean with a charming oldy worldy Scottish character. It is a little out of Scone but is worth the journey for the views. The rooms are small but more than comfortable with all modern conveniences and very reasonably priced.
My only criticism is the restaurant one particular waiter was very curt, it may have just been his efficient way but he bordered on rude. He was present at dinner and breakfast. For dinner my friend had lamb which was delicious, I ordered the veggie option pot-au-feu and I can honestly say I have never had such an awful meal in the UK, whilst the veg was cooked to perfection it was essentially steamed veg in dish water, however the desserts were good, there was a good wine selection and it was not over priced, perhaps I was just unlucky but it was the only veg option.
The restaurant has a good ambience and the views are stunning, breakfast was ok, standard 4 star hotel breakfast with most choices, the cooked food was a little greasy.
I would return tomorrow to stay I just wouldn't eat there.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front with good views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Brilliant scenery and views, traditional decor, superb food at club house and gorgeous a la carte menu in restaurant, grand rooms, helpful staff lent me a phone charger at 10pm. Worth £149 for the room with dinner and breakfast as you have a £25 limit for your dinner so can chose anything and pay extra if you want to go over. A lovely place where the staff go out of thier way to accomodate you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cheerful, efficient, unobtrusive, organised, amusing, competent, delicious, beautiful, smooth, professional, quality, skilful, accommodating, stylish, luxurious………..
The Manager and his colleagues couldn't do enough to make the wedding of our son to his lovely bride such a perfect occasion.
Their offering by way of their ‘Wedding Package’ was superb. The smallest attention to detail was greatly appreciated. With the addition of other wedding essentials such as flowers, music etc., this must be one of the best venues in Scotland. Staying at the hotel, the wedding party was also able to use the Club House before and after the wedding, which was a great bonus for those staying the whole weekend.
The happy couple’s expectations were high – Murrayshall met them, and gave them a wonderful faultless wedding.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SBCamb
Reviewed April 4, 2013

4 months after staying at this hotel (and an email conversation with the manager) I still remain with the feeling that I was ripped off. We stayed in a ground floor room – close to the main hall. Just as well we were guests at the wedding taking place otherwise the noise would have been infuriating.
Upgraded the room but despite contacting the manager after my stay, still don’t understand what we paid for. It was a standard sized room, no view, provided 1 small bottle of water between two people...
The hotel is nice, setting is beautiful and staff friendly but as I stared, I still feel I was taken advantage of and ripped off. What a shame.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank KirstyP940
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed for one night in a standard double bedroom. The room was very spacious and tastefully decorated according to the period of the building. It was a welcome change from the corporate style in chain hotels. The bed was king size with mattresses on the soft side. The view at breakfast was truly one of the best we ever had. If I thought there isn't a difference between scrambled eggs and scrambled eggs, now I know. The once I got with smoked salmon had the best texture I ever had them in. Homemade yoghurt with a berry compote rounded off the breakfast. If there was anything to complain at all it was the slightly pushy reception staff who expected us to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant. I'm sure the restaurant is great but has a limited offer if you are a vegetarian/pescetarian. At £60 for a double room this was a great deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple