“Hidden gem”

Murrayshall House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Scone
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year 2012, and had a fabulous break. The restaurant menu was wonderful and the peaceful ambience of the place made for a very peaceful break. The grounds were a perfect setting for brisk winter walks, and I imagine it would be even better in the better weather. Coming back into the main hotel for a drink or a cuppa in front of the big roaring log fire was pure bliss! We would thoroughly recommend Murrayshall for a quality restful break. We look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Murrayshall House Hotel

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a deal through Itison.. We were given a fantastic superior room in the main hotel, which was out of this world!! Bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on. The food was exceptional in both the Old Masters Restaurant and the Golf Club bar area. The staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay special. The manager of the hotel was fantastic and made a special effort to talk to his guests! We will definitely be returning to this very special place..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian F
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Decided to go on a tour around Scotland with the intention of just turning up and booking in where ever we find ourselves.
Urm-- dont do it during the Edinburgh Fringe week since everything is booked up for 40 miles+ around edinburgh.
So it was getting on for midnight when we asked in a hotel in Perth if they had room. No but they thought the Murrayshall House might- so they phoned and they had a Chalet. And even though we were desperate to avoid sleeping in the car they gave us a discount to make sure the room got sold.
Excellent.
Restaurant was very attractive. Breakfast was really nice. My wife had kippers in scotland. perfect she said.
Dont know what the golf would be like but the grounds were very grand.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a deal through itison. We were given a suite which was not in the main house and meant that as it was snowing we didn't venture over to the main house at night but stayed in our room/living area. Going over in the morning for breakfast (which we were late for but they very obligingly served it to us in the clubhouse-I think) we wished we had gone over at night as we didn't get to really see the Bain house which is really lovely and shouldn't be missed.

They are lovely spacious suites with small kitchen bathroom and living room but my biggest let down was the armchairs. I am not overly fussy and have spent many months in hostels etc but for this standard of hotel I wouldn't expect to not want to sit in the chairs as they were dirty , faded and ready for the bin. There was also bird poo on the seat (which must have come from a past occupant as pets are allowed.) I know it is a v difficult time for the industry and everything can't be refurbished every few years but those particular seats were horrid and spoiled a nice suite.

Aside from that the gardens were lovely and we had a lovely snowy walk. Also we went into Perth, Doune castle etc.

The bathroom was good and the bath filled quickly and was lovely and hot. Also there were lots of lovely elemis goods in the bathroom.

I missed having a tv near my bed as you had to sit in forementioned chairs to watch it but that is just personal preference.

All in it is somewhere I have since recommended to friends and would go back but I have to Say I would request a room in the house

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank L_R_Htravels
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Visited Murrayshall in a group of 10 for a belated Xmas celebration.
Stayed on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis and must admit from the moment we arrived the staff and ambiance of the hotel were excellent. While the snow and the wind battered the outside, we were in very pleasant surroundings enjoying drinks before dinner in a private reception area.
The staff were all very efficient and professional and demonstrated a good knowledge of the complete menu.
All of us had a variety from the menu and I don't believe there was a crumb left on anyone's plate.
This was an excellent break in a hotel that must surely be up with the best of them.
Highly recommended for something special without costing the earth.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I held my 50th birthday dinner dance in the hotel in November 2012. The beautiful location of the hotel, along with the professional service from Alan Reid and his staff, made organising my event so painless. From understanding what my requirements were to the recommendations given, made the enjoyment of my celebrations relaxed and fun. The overall service and quality of food and attention to detail was very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed at MurraysHall for two months while on a consulting project in the Perth area. The rooms were nicely furnished and clean, beds comfortable, the food outstanding, the gracious staff were personable and always went the extra mile (as they say in the States) but the best part was meeting people and golfers from all over the world, from all walks of life and discussing unbelievable topics till the wee hours in the main salon. Great ambience. This establishment is great for golfers getting away from Northern European winters, Brits who want to escape for a quiet getaway to Scotland and families who want to take a trip together to Scotland. Plus, in my 12 years of consulting my stay at Murrayshall was one of the best values for my money spent. Hurrah! Murrayshall!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scone
Ballathie House Hotel
Sunbank House Hotel
#4 of 18 in Perth
Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Lands of Loyal Hotel

Been to Murrayshall House Hotel? Share your experiences!