“Yearly getaways”

and 1 more site!
Craigroyston House and Lodge
Ranked #9 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been visiting for almost 20 years now. With another couple my husband and I visited many Guest Houses in the area and when it was my turn to book Craigroyston won hands down. About 15 years ago when my best friend was widowed I thought she would appreciate it too. We have since then visited twice a year taking in the full theatre programme and enjoying the ambience which Gretta and Douglas never fail to provide. They must constantly be redecorating and renewing furniture and fittings because the house is tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. There is a very good breakfast menu and food is beautifully cooked. We never want to leave and can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms would be a disappointment.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A home from home. Cosy,comfortable and clean. The hosts were friendly and welcoming. The book I left behind was posted promptly. I loved the little dish of sweets at the door!
Beds were so comfortable and the breakfast was more than substantial.

Room Tip: I was in room 7 but I bet they're all good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My friend and I had booked the Enchanted Forest experience on what proved to be an exceptionally cold night. Craigroyston House was just what we needed. The house could not be more comfortable, from the living rooms roaring fire, to the central heating making our room toasty warm. The beds were extremely comfortable, the en-suite was large and pristine. The breakfast the following morning, was scrumptious and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I'm a bit of a dizzy dame and I left my bag behind, with all my credit cards, money and mobile phone in it. I contacted Craigroyston who were happy to post it without charging me postage,even though I insisted and the bag arrive the following morning, Now! How is that for service. I liked the fact that, although it wasn't on the main road, this could easily be accessed by going through the garden. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel it ticked all the boxes and if I'm ever in that part of the country again thats where I will be staying.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room with a bay window and views over the hills, we loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My partner Emma and I received a wonderfully warm welcome from Gretta who took great pride in showing us to our lovely room and making sure we had everything we needed. The room was perfect and breakfast was very tasty on all three mornings. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and took the time to ask us what we were going to get up to and offer helpful bits of advice. We had a lovely chat with Douglas as we were leaving, and he was kind enough to let us leave our bag whilst we went on a walk before catching our train home. Pitlochry is a great place to visit, and Craigroyston House and Lodge is an ideal place to stay whilst you do it. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have stayed at Craigroyston House on a number of occasions in the past and enjoyed our recent 3 night break Although the weather was lovely, the room and bathroom did get a bit cold despite the heating coming on late afternoon and in the morning. However the bed was very comfortable and the room nicely decorated. We noticed hot water bottles and electric blankets in the wardrobe, which was a nice touch in case of sub-zero temperatures.The breakfasts were excellent with a good choice of cooked items according to my husband. I would have liked some fresh fruit and stronger coffee with my toast. I would definitely come back to Craigroyston House as there is always a lovely welcome from the Maxwells and the staff is very efficient. There is lots to see and do around Pitlochry and we were lucky enough to see red squirrels at Loch o'the Lowes, deer at the Highland Safari Park and the Enchanted Forest at Faskally Wood - an amazing show. We had a great time.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have been staying at the Craigroyston House every year (sometimes twice) for the last 7 years and our recent stay was as amazing as it always is. We have stayed in a number of 4-5 star hotels during our travels and there is not another place anywhere where we feel more comfortable and looked after. Douglas and Gretta undoubtedly add so much to our stays - all the staff who work there are very friendly and welcoming and no request is ever a problem...i imagine anyone who has come away from the Craigroyston stating that there was a problem obviously did not inform any of the staff about it because they would always go out their way to help or solve problems!!
The rooms are lovely and cosy and decorated in a way which is in keeping with the cosy homely feel of the entire house. Breakfast is always a highlight!
Over the last couple of years we have also taken our little boy who has had 2 fantastic stays since he came along and all his special requirements have been met.
We will be returning very soon - thank you for our fantastic stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Benji15
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have enjoyed staying at Craigroyston House for the past thirty years and our recent stay was no exception. The accommodation is conveniently central with good views of the surrounding countryside. The house is impressive with an attractive garden. The rooms are a delight with comfortable beds and good ensuite facilities. Breakfasts provide cereals with fruit options and cooked breakfasts are a delight which are tasty and attractively served. There is a large comfortable lounge with an open fire when the weather is cooler. The owners are very friendly providing a relaxed atmosphere.