“A lovely place to stay”
Review of Torrdarach House

and 1 more site!
Torrdarach House
Ranked #16 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A large imposing house set on a hill with a range of rooms. Rooms are warm and spacious and have all you need. Beds are very comfortable and have lovely white linen on. Shower rooms are spacious and have a good quality powerful shower. Its a shame the rooms do not have a bath.
You can walk into town from the B and B. Wine is on offer if you so choose in the lounge area where there are plenty of guide books. Parking can be tight if the B a B is busy but the owners will help you out if need be. Breakfast is very good and fresh. What would I improve? - more than 1 tea bag in a pot of tea for one ............

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rgmc
StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear rgmc, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Torrdarach House and I am very pleased to hear you had a good time.

I am pleased you thought the showering experience was good. We have no baths at Torrdarach House but we have spent a lot of time and money ensuring all our showers deliver a strong and consistent flow.

It is such a shame that we are only finding out now that you prefer your tea stronger than normal. If you had only asked at the time then we would have been more than happy to provide as many tea bags as you wanted.

I hope you enjoyed your subsequent trip to the north east. Thanks again for the review, Struan.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights around mid-September and were impressed the minute we walked through the door. Struan greeted us warmly, showed us the guest areas of the house, helped us with our numerous bags and brought us tea in the lounge. The house is in a quiet location just up the hill from the town centre. We had Room 1, which is large, comfortable and very nicely decorated. It was also very clean, as was the very nice bathroom. Breakfast in the lovely dining area was delicious and there were lighter options which were appreciated, as well as the full Scottish breakfast. Struan and Louise are both very good hosts and are very accommodating. We really enjoyed our short stay here. I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Torrdarach House to anyone. Whilst in Pitlochry, we went to theatre and ate at Fern Cottage and the Golf Club, all of which were very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi WanderersCheshire. That's a great review you have given us. Thanks very much. Great to hear you also enjoyed the Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Fern Cottage and the Golf Club. They are all high on our list of favourite Pitlochry things to do. Thanks again for the review, Struan.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We only stayed here for one night, but we will definately be back next time we are in the Pitlochry area. We stayed in their newly renovated 'Bothy', slightly set apart from the main building, and it was superb - all the usual amenities you would expect in a 4 star hotel (flatscreen TV, free wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a selection of lighting, and underfloor heating in the bathroom) in a B&B.
The breakfast was great - I had the porridge (which comes with a snip of whisky in it - the first time I have experienced this combination and it was very pleasing) and my girlfriend had a cooked breakfast which looked delicious. There was a good selection of cold items (yoghurts, jams, marmalades, fruit compotes, croissants) you can help yourself too. The breakfast room is a lovely all glass affair overlooking a large garden area.
Struan and Louise were very helpful getting us on the road to our next destination, and we are only sorry that we couldn't have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Duncan-s66. Great to hear we have another Bothy convert and another whisky porridge convert! Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. Thanks again, Struan.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night en route for Skye, arriving after a frustrating drive. After showing me my room Struan offered a much needed pot of tea in the lounge (complete with piece of fudge :)) which was really reviving and gave me my second wind to explore the town (which is just 2 mins from the house) I had the smallest room, - small but perfectly formed, and with a lovely big shower room with good power shower. Bed was super comfy, and you can adjust the heating to suit your requirements. An excellent night's sleep was followed by breakfast - the renowned porridge with cream and wee dram lived up to expectations, but plenty of choice if you don't want this, and followed by full scottish breakfast. Louise and Struan make sure their guests are comfortable and want for nothing - the bonuses are a lovely setting, and you may be lucky enough to see the resident red squirrel from your breakfast table.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hello Bluespecs. Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Torrdarach House. Delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself and that you liked Room 4. Despite being our smallest room it is definitely one of my favourites. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Skye. Thanks again, Struan.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for just one night, but would have loved to have had the time to stay for longer. It is a stunning house with a huge forest like garden. The room was gorgeous and had everything you would expect of a 4*hotel. Breakfast was the highlight, with many cooked and continental options available, all served in a stunning breakfast room that appeared to be suspended over woods below! Struan and Louise, the owners, are incredibly welcoming and accomodating and I would highly recommend Torrdarach House to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Nickyedi. Thanks for the great review and the recommendation. I'm delighted you enjoyed yourselves. Hope the rest of your trip went well. Thanks again,Struan.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

stayed for 3 nights. We have toured Scotland for 20 years and stayed in many guest houses in Pitlochry but this is by far the best. It is a lovely house, clean and comfortable.Sruan and Louise were wonderful caring hosts and the lovely fresh products used at breakfast time were excellent.Nice to have home made yoghurt/marmalade etc.Lovely setting and the garden is lovely, managed to see a red squirrel!!The lovely roomy lounge was comfotable.Will certainly be back and would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Hi Bester29. Thanks for the great review! Best B&B in 20 years! That's what we like to hear. It was a pleasure meeting you both and we look forward to a return visit. Thanks again, Struan

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had believed that I had written a review for my brief stay at Torrdarach shortly after my visit but I now realise that 11 months have passed and it seems I have not. How fortunate then that my stay was memorable!

My first impressions of Torrdarach were how accommodating the owners were as I had arrived quite late in the evening but was warmly welcomed and offered a drink in the lounge which just hit the spot!

My room was beautiful, decorated in a fresh, contemporary style with subtle touches of modern tweeds here and there. In fact, throughout the decor is very tasteful and there is a sense of understated quality. The bed was extremely comfortable so I recall enjoying a wonderful night's sleep. And in the morning it was lovely opening the curtains to view the gardens and glimpses of the Perthshire hills beyond.

Breakfast was also delicious and, since my visit, I can see that a wonderful conservatory style breakfast room has been added - just one more reason to hurry back!

Thank you for a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Hello hills-of-heather. Wow. Thanks for making the effort to write a review 11 months on. It is much appreciated. Very happy you seemed to enjoy stay and you will definitely need to come back and try out the new breakfast room. We love it and it's proving very popular with our guests as well. Thanks again, Struan.