Ways to Experience Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre
from $55.10
More Info
from $52.40
More Info
All reviews information centre visit scotland informed staff local information excellent information walking trails scottish gifts leaflet perth souvenirs visitors computers david highlands sights knowledge
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As in all other locations across Scotland, a Visit Scotland information centre is a hub to get useful local info from very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Also lots of useful takeaway maps for for countryside walking, hiking, etc. Great stuff.

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your review of Pitlochry iCentre and your comment of how useful an iCentre is to obtain information.
I am delighted that you found the staff to be so helpful and knowledgeable. I'm glad that this helped you make the most of your stay and that you will return to the area again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff have decided to limit parking to 20 minutes. Do they own the car park? Seems a bit ridiculous given that anyone could laminate a sign.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your comments regarding the car parking limitations.

The car park is leased to VisitScotland and is for the iCentre customer and staff use. During busy times of year, the car park can be very full but with no visitors in the iCentre. The sign is purely to give priority to those people looking to use the iCentre for information.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Got me connected with a great local tour guide of Heartland Tours
Also was able to purchase bus tickets to Glasgow here
needs a public toilet

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review of Pitlochry iCentre.

I am very pleased that the staff were able to help you make contact with a local tour guide and book bus tickets to Glasgow as well. I acknowledge your comment regarding a having a public toilet but unfortunately the current layout of the building does not allow this. Thankfully the nearest public toilets aren't too far away.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Pitlochry and that you will return again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

The lady I spoke to was so friendly, helpful and knew exactly where I was asking about when I couldn’t remember the name.

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Hello,

Many thanks for your review of the service you received in Pitlochry iCentre. I am very pleased that you found the staff member to be helpful and friendly. Assisting visitors with the names of places/attractions is a bit of a speciality with the iCentre teams and can prove to be a super challenge sometimes!

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Pitlochry and the place that you couldn't remember the name of as well.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

On our question what to do in Pitlochry, the only activity offered was the walk around Killiecrankie and a visit to Queens view. No word on all the other great things to do here. And we were told numerous times it was high season, probably as the excuse of the poor service. So better check internet than visit this centre

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the service you received in Pitlochry iCentre.

I am very disappointed to read your comments of your experience and I have spoken with the Pitlochry iCentre team regarding this. They too were surprised to read of what had been suggested as there are many attractions which are in the town of Pitlochry itself, all of which are highlighted to visitors looking for ways to spend time in the town itself.

May I just double check that you were definitely in the VisitScotland iCentre on Atholl Road, adjacent to the Council car park? I only ask because this is so unusual for someone to only have out of town activities recommended to him/her when asked specifically for Pitlochry things to see and do.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

This is a good place to start when you get to Pitlochry. The staff are very helpful in ensuring that you make the most of your visit to the town and the local area.

1  Thank Brian M
Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your review of Pitlochry iCentre and I am very pleased that you were so happy with the service that you received. The team enjoy sharing their knowledge with visitors to help them see as much of the town and area as possible and the hope is that visitors will want to return to do more!
I hope you had a super time and that we will welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

So friendly and helpful. Without their help our vacation would not have been half as good. Our last day we were advised to go to Braemar for a scenic drive and walk. It was perfect.

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your positive review of your experience in the Pitlochry iCentre. I am delighted that you found the staff to be so helpful and even more so that this had such an impact on your holiday to Scotland. The team do pride themselves on helping visitors make the most of their stay and feedback like yours gives such job satisfaction.

I hope that you will return to Scotland again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you again to another iCentre or indeed Pitlochry again!

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Staff very helpful and friendly, especially David. We were in a bit of a spot after promising to take our children fishing, only to find out the local fishing venue in Pitlochry was managed by a grumpy man who made us feel so unwelcome we decided not to give him our custom. David at the ‘I’ centreI quickly sorted out an alternative for us - at Willowgate Fishereries in Perth, calling ahead and booking us in - a great day was enjoyed by all. The staff at the ‘I’ centre are friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful and I would highly recommend you use this service.

2  Thank Terryq1
Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Terry,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience in Pitlochry iCentre.

I am delighted that David was able to help you with your fishing enquiry and that you were able to book this activity for your children. The team do pride themselves on offering the highest level of customer service and are always very grateful to receive such positive feedback to let them know that they are succeeding! I hope you all enjoyed your trip to Willowgate and that you will visit another iCentre in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

As stated before one got a lot of information about the area and things to go and see the staff were very helpfull

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review of Pitlochry iCentre. I am very pleased that you were able to get a lot of information and even more so that you found the staff to be very helpful! Feedback like this is always super to receive and gives the team a great sense of job satisfaction.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Pitlochry and that you will return to the area again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We arrived at our pre-booked self catering accommodation in Pitlochry on Saturday 26 May and found it to be totally unsuitable and very disappointing. We decided we could not spend two weeks in such a property and that we would enlist the help of the Visit Scotland Centre to try and find somewhere more suitable.
We discussed our difficulties with Euan who was very friendly and knowledgeable and looked after us so well. Euan managed to find us alternative accommodation in a property just outside Comrie. The property owner was able to accept us at very short notice and we had a wonderful time in a most unusual and quirky cottage in a beautiful part of Perthshire.
We cannot thank Euan enough; if it had not been for his sheer determination to find us something we would probably have turned round and gone home! Instead we had a great holiday and we hope to return to the same cottage again at a future date.

Katie H, Manager at Pitlochry VisitScotland iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Sheila,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review, detailing your experience in Pitlochry iCentre with Euan. I am very pleased that you were so satisfied with the service you received and that Euan was able to help you so fully with your enquiry. It is also super that you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday, without having to return home early.

iCentre staff pride themselves on their customer service and always enjoy helping people make the most of their stay. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.