We booked last minute as a stop off on our way home to Skye after a hectic weeks holiday. We arrived to a warm cosy Hotel. The fires were glowing and welcoming us on a cold crisp winters day. We were given an upgrade to a spacious four postered room with a great spa bath. Just what I needed after pounding the cobbles of Lisbon for a week! Dinner was delightful with great service and at a nice relaxed pace even although the restaurant was busy. All the little extra touches are pitched just right to make you feel welcome. Only issue I had which is just down to personal taste was the blanket on the bed rather than a Duvet. I found it too restricting and heavy and very 'brown'. Maybe if they were in more inviting colours and lighter it would have been more comfortable. I am also a light sleeper and was disturbed by the noise from the Bar until folks left around 1.00am. Our room was right above the Bar so not sure how you get round that issue. My Husband slept right through it but I was kept awake by the conversations downstairs. More drink before bed maybe or join in the party. We were driving the next morning so we couldn't. Breakfast was superb and one of the best we've ever had. Will thoroughtly recommend to friends and our own guests at our holiday cottage here on Skye and hopefully we'll stop over again for longer next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Haugh House is a 4 star luxury boutique hotel based in Pitlochry, Perthshire just 1 hour from Edinburgh and 2 hours from Glasgow. Built originally as part of the Atholl Estate some 350 years ago, this family run hotel is a beautiful, turreted stone house situated off the old A9 road with beautiful woodland walks and easy access to Pitlochry. With 12 individually designed bedrooms, including three deluxe four-poster rooms (one with its own fireplace) and whirlpool bathrooms, along with a private Victorian Gate Lodge, East Haugh House is hailed as one of Scotland’s “hidden gems” with the “best food in the area”. We have a bar and a restaurant where our extensive a la carte menu is served. Be it for romance, culinary indulgence, fishing, shooting, hunting, golf, a wedding to truly remember or simply to escape the stresses of everyday life, use our access to the estates and rivers of Perthshire for a unique getaway in the Scottish highlands. We have access to some of the very best fishing on the river Tay and river Tummel and can book salmon fishing days enabling you to (hopefully!) catch that fish of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your East Haugh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Haugh House Hotel Pitlochry
- East Haugh Hotel
- East Haugh Pitlochry
- East Haugh House Pitlochry, Scotland