East Haugh House
$166
The Old Mill Inn(Pitlochry)
$143
$139
$165
$160
The Claymore Guest House(Pitlochry)
$176
Fisher's Hotel(Pitlochry)
$142
$135
  • Breakfast included
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Acarsaid(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
$131
$111
  • Restaurant
$327
All reviewsjacuzzi bathfour poster beddusty millerlambscallopsopen fireboth nightscooked to perfectionsmall hotelsuperior roomfantastic foodmain buildingcouple of nightsfish and chipsfirst classdining roomthoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Really excellent service and friendly staff here. However, the room is just OK; well decorated and very clean, but bathroom is a bit tired (a hand-held shower only, with no shower screen or anything to fix the shower to the wall). Hot water ran out, TV had no reception at all. Food was fine, although nothing that special, with some good points and some bad (beautifully cooked fish ... but the lavender shortbread in the room had ten tons of lavender in it and tasted like soap). All in all, it was nice enough for an overnight stay and we had a good time but I wouldn't be rushing back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indigospooky
EmmaAitken, Owner at East Haugh House, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you your kind comments about our service and staff.
We strive to ensure every element of our guests' visit to East Haugh House is of the highest standard and im very sorry to read that this was not the case for you.
We now have a new shower screen and shower holder which was in the process of being replaced at the time you stayed, and the TV reception is fully restored.
Our lavender shortbread is very popular, we are often asked to provide extra supplies for guests' to take home! Howevers I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it and I've passed your comments to our pastry chef.
We'd love to welcome you back to East Haugh House and would like to offer you a free upgrade as a gesture of goodwill.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Experienced in January a wonderful stay in East Haugh House. We upgraded to a superior room and I'm so glad we did. The food was excellent and the service was exemplary. We would love to stay again. Great access to Pitlochry, fantastic atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2013
EastHaughHouseHotel, Owner at East Haugh House, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your review - we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived on a cold January day at 2.20 to be told lunches stop at 2pm! We wonder why Scotish Tourismn gets such a bad name.
Paid extra to upgrade, thank goodness I did, can't imagine what size of room we would have been in if we hadn't upgraded Someone really has to dust the cobwebs from the antlers on the stags head leading to the Red Drummond room.
Dining room had a few guests eating but we were along with another three couples told we were eating in the Bar!!! Is the Bar area reserved for Itison bookings? Dinner very nice apart from my husband's onion rings which on reaching the last one in the baset was swimming in a tablespoon full of oil, please use absorbent paper when drainig onion rings, couldn't get taste of oil out of my mouth all night
Breakfast was very nice apart from not getting a pit of coffe but 1 cup presented to the table, more on request but a pot would have been nice in a four star hotel. 1 small pot of marmalade on table enough for my husband but not for two. No jam or honey on the table.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
EmmaAitken, Owner at East Haugh House, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

We are so sorry your stay at East Haugh wasn't up to your expectations. I hope you don't mind me answering a few of the points you have made.
According to your booking, you indicated that you would be arriving at 3pm - if you had mentioned they you would have liked some lunch we would have informed you of the opening and closing times, but we always offer a freshly made sandwich or homemade soup , however I understand from the receptionist you were happy to go into town as you had arrived earlier.
There are many restaurants and cafes open in Pitlochry, just a couple of miles away, all day (although this time of year many close in the evening).
Your room was in the turret of the hotel with a large bathroom with a jacuzzi bath - it does have sloping ceilings which maybe made it feel a bit smaller but it does have a king size bed and being on the top floor on its own, is very private. I have checked the antlers and you are right, they do need dusting! As you can see it's an awkward place to get up to being right in the top of the staircase in the Turret but thankyou for pointing this out.
We like to use both our restaurant and bar for dining to keep the ambiance in both but if you preferred to dine in the restaurant you could have asked the waiter and he would have of course moved you in there. It was a cold night and we had all the open fires going in the bar and the snug. As you were eating later you would have ended up on your own in the restaurant by the time you were seated and we feel people prefer to dine with company.
I have mentioned to the kitchen about the onion rings. They are freshly prepared with a homemade batter and are not a frozen product so there will always be a residual amount of oil , but you did point this out to the waitress and she informed the kitchen .
We offer the freshest coffee at breakfast, freshly ground bean to cup served in our bone china signature mugs and you can have as many as you like, or a latte, cappuccino etc. We find guests prefer this now rather than caffetieres/pots which tend to go cold. I have noted you felt the homemade marmalade pots were too small and will now put extra pots of the buffet table. We do have homemade plum and raspberry jams which are usually on the buffet table along with honey but this must have been an oversight on that day so I do apologise. We do pride ourselves on our food and from your report , you very much enjoyed your breakfast and dinner.Any comments are taken very seriously so we do thank you for pointing these out and do hope you will return to stay with us again one day.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The stay me and me boyfriend had was part of a Christmas present, a treat. and that it was.
We got shown to our room which was amazing put together, swan towels, rose petals, beautiful hand made chocolates. The room he booked also came with a Jacuzzi bath and bath bombs.
We dined in the restaurant and the food was to the highest standard as was the service. The kind staff always ensured we were happy and were seen to when needed.
i'd recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone. The views, room, food and staff. Could not fault it.
On leaving the hotel the lady who took our key was from down where we stay which was nice :)

Room Tip: a Jacuzzi bath tub is a must have!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of your stay with us. We're so pleased you enjoyed it, and what a treat to have been given it as a Christmas present! The photo of the swan towels is great! We hope you and your boyfriend can come and visit again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed here before in October and loved the hotel so much that when the hotel brought out an itison deal i rebooked. the booking method using the voucher was effortlessly done, with a speedy confirmation of date availability. I payed the supplement to upgrade to a 4 poster room which was lovely and cosy, and full of charm.
Our deal came with chocolates in our room (very yummy) and bath-bombs to use in our whirlpool bath which was a great change to the usual hotel stand up shower cubicle.
We dined in the restaurant that night, and I could not fault the food, the fish and the Thai curry we had for our mains were cooked to perfection, and my pudding of chocolate mouse was absolutely fantastic, and if i weren't so full i would have ordered another portion of pudding.
Breakfast the next morning was a treat as i was expecting from my previous visit, and the relaxed non rushed breakfast was a lovely change of pace to most hotels.

Wonderful hotel, with great staff!
I will be back when I can think of a new excuse to go back to Pitlochry

Room Tip: upgrade to a 4 poster, worth the extra cost for a more romantic get away
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at East Haugh House. We're delighted you were able to take up the ITISON offer which sold out very quickly as you can imagine! We hope to welcome you back again soon.