1,095 results
All reviews self drive shearings hotels scenic view shearings holiday dining room leisure facilities jacuzzi and sauna folk singer a la carte menu coach driver superior room evening entertainment half board restaurant manager meal times coach party set menu
Reviewed September 17, 2018

This was obviously once a great spa hotel. Now it is crumbling and trying to keep up an image that it just cannot carry any more.

It is of course nice to have an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna but the efforts should be spend at upgrading the rooms rather than pretending this is some sort of fancy spa.

The bar could be a nice place to relax but looks too cooperate, not really in style with this hotel and there are far too many seats crammed in there that are anyway empty. Fewer seats and some nice decorations could make this a welcoming and cosy place.

The breakfast buffet is okay but nothing to write home about.

Would I be coming again? - Probably not. I would try something else in the same price bracket although it is not bad value for money.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hendrik N
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, not quite managed to wow you but thanks for noting that we provided good value.
In some ways your headline is a compliment because we try every day to push our service and comfort standards to meet and exceed customer expectation.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed for 5 nights at this stylish old Hotel
There was plenty of parking and the Hotel is about 15 minutes from the town centre
We had a lovely superior room which had been recently refurbished
The breakfast was excellent but the porridge a little disappointing especially as we were on Scotland
The evening meals were varied and well presented
Overall a very nice Hotel

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi, thanks for the five star review...very much appreciated. Glad all was fine and I will investigate the Porridge situation, I too like a bowl in the morning and generally find it pretty good but perhaps there was an issue. I like a bit of honey in mine to the disgust of our Scottish staff who like it salty but just like my preference of one block of ice in my malt whisky I can do as I like and nobody can stop me.
Thanks a lot..... we are thrilled.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Stayed there this weekend will never be back it was freezing and I had asked for a disabled room when I arrived that was not the case up the stairs it was with a bath shocking asked to change it. Sorry can’t no rooms basically I done this trip though caladonion travel I was going to Ayr but that got cancelled had I realised it wasn’t disabled friendly I wouldn’t of went and had the worse weekend ever not advise the hotel

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi, you requested a ground floor room but had booked a double and we do not have double rooms on the ground floor. Instead we accommodated you in the nearest double to our lift on the ground floor.
We have walk in showers on the ground floor and whist this is not ideal they are at least available.
Sorry the trip did not go exactly to plan but we were as helpful as we could have been.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights had a rest time. Staff are fantastic helpfull and polite . Breakfast was good , had an evening meal starters were great main steak cooked to perfection. Hotel is pet friendly , the bar is well stocked also good choice of Gin.Did not use pool but it looked good . Hotel is situated a wee walk from main Street .Rooms are a good size clean some with great views. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi, after a very busy summer we now head into a busy Autumn and comments like this inspire our hard working team make no mistake.
You mention you will return which is exactly the kind of thing we want to hear.
Thanks a million.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Just home from a lovely Shearings holiday spent at the Pitlochry Hydro Hotel
Every thing was spot on, beautiful comfy room,
Lovely friendly staff who couldn't have been more helpful, the food was excellent and would happily recommend this Hotel to anybody
So baffled by the negative comments!!

1  Thank Lorettawill999

Hi there, we are all delighted with your review. We try to be all of these things as often as we can.....mostly things tick by nicely and it is great to have an endorsement like yours.
Best Regards