“Badly run and rude staff”
Review of Moulin Hotel

Moulin Hotel
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I booked this hotel for a romantic valentines weekend with my partner three weeks prior to my arrival. They accepted my booking , took my credit card details and made a reservation for dinner. I phoned to confirm my booking a week before only to be told they had no reservation for me and they were fully booked. The female I spoke to claimed to be the manageress and hung up on me when I asked just how she intended to accomodate me. I called back but to no avail and was met with a couln't care less, take it or leave it attitude. I certainly would never either stay here or recommend it to any one.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spagsStirling

Reviewed January 18, 2010

We arrived Sunday 3rd January for a "winter wearmer five nights for the price of three". The room we were give was on the second floor at the back of the hotel. I did ask about one on the first floor but was advbised the hotel was full. Breakfast was okay but was seved between 8.15am and 9.30am. The residents' lounge was closed and there was no
fire in the residents lounge bar. The only fires were in the pub area. The residents' klounge was op[en on Tuesday, but there was no fireplace and the only heat was from two small radiaters, although a watirtess did bring in a small electric heater.

As the weather was pretty cold, we decided the leave on the Wednesday morning and will certainl;y not be returning to the hotel.

We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts in Pitlochry far superior to this hotel..

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We liked the wonderful fireplace pub, the food & room were great, but THE BREAKFAST & SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL. It was the best we encountered in our 6 days in Scotland.
Ralph & Norma from SK, Canada

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Took my husband to this hotel in August for his birthday we had a lovely meal and chat with very friendly staff. Weekend was ruined by a very rude, nasty and agressive owner who came out of the kitchen and verbally abused us because we had the audacity to come down for breakfast at 9.25am on the Sunday morning and asked if my husbands burnt potato scone could be replaced. We had been told the restaurant was open for breakfast till 9.30am, which normally means you can arrive up until that time. Turns out we were delaying him for a golf game, hence the unashamed. I have never come across such an offensive man before never mind in someone in the hosptality industry. Avoid this hotel like the plague. Shame - the staff could teach him how you should behave with guests as they were all delightful.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Moulin last week and, coupled with some wonderful weather, had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The rooms, although not modern were both spotless and comfortable. The bar meals in the 300 year old Moulin Inn were outstanding as was the "Braveheart" real ale from the hotels own brewery.
A visit toPitlochry is not complete without a visit to the famous Pitlochry Festival theatre. I pre booked dinner at the theatre restaurant on our second night before taking in a wonderful production of "The prime of Miss Jean Brodie." Greatb food and great entertainment - not to be missed!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Went there on recommendation of a friend and found it to be the the perfect place. The location, the rooms and the food were great. Prices were very reasonable as well. The Moulin brewed beers were a delicious bonus.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I have now stayed in this Hotel on countless occasions over the past seven or eight years. On each occasion the staff have been very welcoming and helpful. My clients were always treated with exceptional kindness and the quality of the overall service has been absolutely first class. Its not for those who want to stay in the middle of town with shops and other attractions on the doorstep but, if you don't mind being a couple of miles away in a beautiful little Perthshire Village, this is the place to go. The food is excellent in both the hotel restaurant and the 17th century Moulin Inn which now forms the bar of the hotel. The bar sells beers made at the micro-brewery just behind the hotel together with a fine choice of Single Malt Whiskies. If you want a modern five star hotel with all the amenities that go with such establishments Moulin is not the place to go but, if you're looking for a genuine Scottish country hotel, blessed with an abundance of traditional Scottish Highland Hospitality, then head for the Moulin Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business