“How to really see how whiskey is made”

Edradour Distillery
Book In Advance
More Info
$658.10*
and up
Tour to the Queen's View, Pitlochry, and the Sma...
Ranked #3 of 45 things to do in Pitlochry
Type: Other
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This beautiful, picture perfect place is a great way to learn about how whiskey is made. So few places will let you get so up close to the equipment that makes the whiskey. I have visited before but had not visited the warehouse before and it was amazing to see (and smell) all the barrels laid down for so many years.

NB If you buy a mug of tea or coffee you get to keep your Edradour mug

I must see if you are in the area

Write a ReviewReviews (1,869)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"beautiful setting"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited the Edradour distillery last week. Visited the shop and also the tasting bar. I didn't do the tour as I had my young son with me and I also had a recent eye injury.

The staff were extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and very passionate about their products and the whisky industry in general. It was a real pleasure to spend time there and I look forward to going back there in the future and doing the tour.

I sampled the Burgundy cask whisky in the bar and bought a bottle from the shop. Also bought a bottle of the Signatory 1999, both very nice whiskies (cream liqueur very nice too).

1  Thank bonanzaChester
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I visited Edradour on the 9th Feb now I am not a Whisky fan and the trip there was for my husband but it was well worth a visit as its all still made by hand it was a wonderful experience to have if your a lover of whisky this should be a stop you make I tried some of the whisky and it was pleasant and they also had a cream whisky which has made me believe I will never drink baileys again as it would be dull by comparison. Def worth a visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Lovely location, wonderful whisky! A very interesting tour tells you how whisky is made and shows the whole process from start to finish.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have visited Edradour 2/3 times previously, when it was even smaller than it is now.. The bottling plant in the car park has been added, and the big warehouse at the top also.. I am sure the malt house, was in use when I was previously here.

In any case, this is a lovely place. The older lady taking the tour, was well informed however she did try to put sales - not a big issue, but not really what a distillery tour is for.

Anyway, the size, location, and the picturesqueaspects of Edradour make it a great place to visit for anyone wanting to see how whisky was made in the old times, and in small quantities...not these vast, industrial factories, producing spirit by the buket load.

well worth the visit, and the glass we got to take home, along with the 2 tastes of whisky, made the £7.50 entry fee..... worth the fee, and cost.

1  Thank JamzyW