Considering we had such a great time at Craigatin, I can't believe how long it's taken me to write a review!
I went with my boyfriend in November for 2 nights (we're in the 24-30 age bracket!) and we stayed in Room Number 3 which was lovely - modern yet relaxing and comfortable. There was plenty of storage and the original sash windows with wooden internal shutters were a nice detail. The hotel itself has kept many of its original features but with superb quality contemporary decor - not a piece of tartan in sight!! The bathroom was quite small with no bath, but it was neat, clean and modern. The owners were friendly, helpful and couldn't have done more to make us feel "at home". The hotel is easy to find. If travelling through Pitlochry from the south, just drive straight through the town and Craigatin is on your left handside just before you leave to rejoin the A9. When we went there were lights on the trees at the end of the driveway which also made it easier to find at night again! Plenty of parking too in the grounds.
Like a lot of the previous reviews, the breakfasts were amazing! During our time there, we had the apple pancakes, cooked breakfast and the smoked haddock omelette - all of which were delicious! There was also a selection of cereals, fruits and yoghurts to choose from along with toast, fresh juices and coffee/tea.
While staying at Craigatin we had a great meal up at the Moulin Inn which is about a 5mins drive (at the most) through Pitlochry. Low ceilings, roaring fires and plenty of character!!
Would certainly visit Craigatin again - will hopefully get back in the summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded wooded grounds in the Highland Perthshire town of Pitlochry, Scotland. This beautiful early Victorian house has now been transformed into an award winning, four star GOLD, boutique bed & breakfast. The individually designed spacious large double rooms all have comfortable six foot wide beds and are decorated with stylish fabrics and furnishings. All rooms have free Wi-Fi internet access, large LCD TVs, Freeview. For special occasions, our suite has all of the above with the addition of a private sitting room, two large LCD TVs and DVD player. Breakfast is served in our brand new contemporary dining room, where you’ll also find our guest lounge, all centered around our large and welcoming log burning stove. Centrally located, private parking, a short walking distance from all Pitlochry restaurants and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Craigatin House & Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigatin House And Courtyard
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Hotel Pitlochry
- Courtyard Pitlochry
- Pitlochry Courtyard
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Pitlochry, Scotland