“4 fantastic days spent here in July”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
Faskally Caravan Park
Dundonnell, United Kingdom
“4 fantastic days spent here in July”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We spent 4 great days here with our 4 year old grandson. Fantastic caravan park, and totally child friendly. And very safe!!! We arrived around 12 noon and booked in for 2 nights. By the end of the first night we decided to stay another 2 nights. Initially it seemed a fairly large site and as we like smaller sites, weren't sure if this was for us. However we were wrong. It was just great. By 1030 at night it was quiet and every night we slept well. Facilities spotless, well stocked shop with most basics available. My only comment would be, that more local produce, meat etc would probably go down well, especially in the BBQ season.

We couldn't have got better weather and all our 'neighbours' friendly and chatty.

The main family caravan area has a great play park and the kids can be seen by parents etc at all times. Great set up.

Looking at previous reviews, I think that Joe from 'The States' should have booked a week in Vegas!!! Not lovely Perthshire in Scotland with our beautiful scenery. It's impossible to keep everyone happy!!!

Finally, the staff and management were so helpful and pleasant. And Ian Hay, it's always nice to go on holiday where we know the same people..... Notably the RJ Macleod employees from the west coast!!

If you are looking for a great caravan/camping park, this is the place.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a hard standing pitch as they surround the play area with a good view of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IanHay111, Owner at Faskally Caravan Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sandra F,

It was really great to hear that you and your grandson had a lovely time at Faskally and that you decided to extend your stay with us.
The summer weather definitely kept everyone's spirits up and meant that there was a great atmosphere around the place with new acquaintances being made.
Your reference to R.J. McLeods made me smile because I miss the guys I worked with for over 20 years.
Next time you come to Faskally, come in and see me and we can gossip about mutual friends.

Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a 4 day camping trip with my boyfriend, and we are looking forward to our return. I haven't been to Faskally since I was little but it's high standards are the same. We had a large tent for the two of us and the pitch size was extremely accommodating, with enough room for the car and a wee bit out the front of the tent for us to relax in.

While we didn't use the pool during our stay it seemed like a very generous amount of time for the price, one I would not grudge paying. The staff were all very friendly in the shop, which was well stocked and at a very good price ( I recommend the candles they sell, brilliant for keeping away midges ).

Great location with lots to do in the surrounding areas, come rain or shine.

My only problem was that I often found the toilets to be a wee bit smelly, and if they are closed for cleaning it's a bit of a trek to the other block, which I noted was much cleaner, and with plugs, than the ones at the tent field were (Us tenters must be a smellier bunch!)

All in all a brilliant site, will return again soon.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
It was good of you to mention that you had loads of space on your tent pitch. We have had an allocation system in place for a couple of years now which means everyone has a designated spot giving them plenty of room to spread out and relax.
As far as the toilet blocks are concerned, please be assured that they get vigorously cleaned twice a day, with two members of staff being allocated all morning and an evening shift to carry out this important job.

See you soon and kind regards,

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights camping. Despite the rainy, thundery weather we had a great time. Although when we first arrived we were given the wrong pitch, there was only one area left for us. This wasn't a problem as we only had a 2 person tent anyway. We love Pitlochry and there is always things to do, walks to go on and great places to eat. This time we walked up to soldiers leap and it is a really good walk. The shops prices are very good as someone else has mentioned and quite a lot of the food is local produce. I didn't think the toilets were very clean at all, I don't know if it was just me having bad luck but every single time I went in they were dirty and no toilet roll. One morning the block closest to us was closed for over an hour at 9am whilst it was being cleaned, this seemed a bit daft to me as I would have thought 9am would be a busy time for using the showers etc. Overall though I would definitely camp here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IanHay111, Owner at Faskally Caravan Park, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear crossanle,

Thank you for your recent review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I must admit we have had a few recent comments, both on Tripadvisor and other forums, about the lack of toilet paper in the loos.
The staff assure me that they have been filling the dispensers during the twice daily clean, but I will reiterate to them the importance of providing a plentiful supply.
We would love to see you at Faskally again very soon.

Regards,

Paris, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just back after 4 days. The swimming pool was freezing no Barbara Q after 11 pm or fires. No music or TV after 12 PM. The kids play park was shut at 10 PM. Camp gate shut at 12 PM till 6am. £20 if you want to get out of Pitlochry caravan park. If you were in real danger of losing a life if you had to get out quick or the emergency service had to get in as barrier is locked /and is this not a breach of your rights as no one is allowed to imprison you. Why Pitlochry council allows this to go on is beyond me we called it a prison camp. If we had been told the rules when we booked over the phone we would have avoided this place, but we already paid never again as this was the worst place we have ever stayed at. Health and safety .
;;when it come to locking people in does this not endanger lifes

Room Tip: whole site is next to road. trains go by all night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe S
IanHay111, Owner at Faskally Caravan Park, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Joe,

Thank you for your recent review.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your 4 day stay with us.
I must thank you for taking the time to regurgitate the park rules which are in place to enhance our guests' stay at Faskally.
Most experienced campers would appreciate the fact that we have a midnight noise curfew and we do not allow camp fires and the obvious dangers they bring.
The children's play area being closed at 10.30pm means that kids then return to their tents or caravans.
The barrier is used in our busier periods to increase park security and reduce car noise in the wee small hours. In the unlikely event of an emergency, please be assured that the police, fire and ambulance services have tokens to allow access. There is always a key holder no more than 5 minutes from the barrier.
As an aside I must let you know that during your stay the barrier was not used. If you had taken a moment to come in to the shop and ask we would have gladly explained this to you.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Scotland and your human rights are not breached again.

Kindest regards,

Fifield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have just spent the weekend camping at Faskally with my friends and family and I'm delighted to express how impressed I was by this site. This was the first time I'd visited but definitely won't be the last. Toilet blocks were spotless along with the cleaning facilities. Brilliant for the kids. My only slight dispute would be the temperature of the swimming pool, I felt it was a bit cold but that is me being picky.

Lastly I cannot express enough how impressed I was at the prices in the shop. Very very cheap compared to every other caravan site I've visited in the past and the staff were extremely helpful. Can't wait to come back in a few weeks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ian H, Owner at Faskally Caravan Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Kirsty L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Faskally and thank you for complimenting our facilities.
A lot of visitors have commented on how our shop is reasonably priced.
We know that it has to compete with local and national supermarkets and accept this is just part of modern life. We consider the shop to be a service to our guests and as such have made a conscious effort to keep the prices low.
Lately, a few people have mentioned that they felt the pool was colder than normal. If this spoiled your enjoyment of your swim please accept our apologies. We have checked the temperature and found it to be in the acceptable range but we will investigate this further.

Thanks again for your kind words and see you soon back at Faskally.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is our favourite site, we love faskally and the surrounding area, loads to do from chilling at your caravan to walking the killiecrankie pass which is lovely. We have taken our tourer here for many years and have stayed elsewhere but we just keep coming back coz we love it.
There are 2 toilet blocks which r clean, kids love the swimming pool and you have plenty room at your pitch ( we prefer the grass pitches up the hill).
There is a play park but my kids don't tend to go, we are usually away doing things.
Think we will keep going for yrs to come, OUR OLD FAVOURITE!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Ian H, Owner at Faskally Caravan Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Malky129,

Thanks very much for your great review.
The grass pitches in the top field are very popular.
It's away from the play park so a little bit more relaxed which is what some of our guests are looking for.
I'm glad your kids love the pool.

See you again very soon.

Regards,

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned from a 5 night break here with my two children (7 & 10 yrs) partner, sister, mum and the 2 dogs and already we are planning a return trip next year.
Site is great for the kids, very secure for them to play in the park or walk up to the games room or the well stocked shop. Swimming pool was a welcome extra when the thunder storm and heavy rain hit and you get a generous time in the pool at great price you wont begrudge paying!
Lovely clean and maintained toilet blocks and changing facilities. Pitch site are a good size and there is plenty of room for your awning and cars and still have a little privacy from your neighbours.
Staff very welcoming and helpful, nothing was too much of a hassle for them.
Plenty to do in the area whether its walks along the River Garry or fishing (permits available for around £8 per adult at boating club in Pitlochry) Blair Atholl Castle, woodlands walks to the Solider's Leap, Salmon ladder and Hydro dam - to name a few of the activities the weather didn't stop us enjoying!
Would definitely recommend to anyone considering visiting the area.

Room Tip: Take a waterproofs and a board game or two. weather as expected can be a little unkind at times :0)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ian H, Owner at Faskally Caravan Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Katz1986,

Your lovely review is very much appreciated.
As you said, the weather wasn't the best during your stay, but it didn't stop you getting on with your holiday and enjoying Faskally and the surrounding area.
It always amazes me how our guests just keep smiling when the "liquid sunshine" is beating down.
Hopefully we will be able to lay on some of the real stuff for your next visit. We were just temporarily out of stock after the past few glorious weeks.