“Superb!”
Review of Faskally Wood

Faskally Wood
Ranked #5 of 41 things to do in Pitlochry
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A magical experience - brilliant value for money. Very well organised logistics for transport to and from town, lots to see and do and loads of time to enjoy it at your own pace. Superb value for money. Go when its dark!

1  Thank Tim W

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Pity about the rain but still totally enchanting. Got some great photos and good to have transport to the woods and back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Perhaps it was being with 3 children under 9 who started out being 'enchanted' with cameras flashing nonstop, but being hustled round a little too much by the crowds and needing all my eyes to watch the kids, I would have liked a little more space and time to take photos that really did it justice myself. We went round twice and spent some time on the bridge but they were starting to flag and after a break in the little cafe we caught the well organised bus back to Pitlochry. We enjoyed it but it was an expensive evening for the four of us. I hope the organisers do not price it out of the market as it certainly makes the town buzz.

1  Thank marwils
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a the Enchanted Forest, which is now finished, but you should go next year. Great value if you choose off-peak (save 5 pounds each) and you can stay as long as you want. Superb sound and light show in the wood, with transport ther and back included.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to The Enchanted Forest, the last time was at the Explorers Garden which was disappointing, so glad that they have come back to Faskally. The light show as great and the combination of lights, music, trees and water make for a magical experience. We went on the last night and even after 3 weeks with some inclement weather the paths were still really good. It was different this year being able to walk around in any direction and just take in the music/light shows as and when you wanted, but we managed a figure of eight walk, crossing the bridge twice!
Yes there are bottlenecks at some points, but as long as you are patient and chill out you will have a good time.
Tried taking some photos, but they just don't do it justice, really just have to experience it for yourself.
The transport and organisation was super, think the later evening trips would be a little less busy.
My only gripe was the price - I know all these lighting effects are costly, but I think £17.50 is just to dear! As a local I would like to go every year, but I think it will have to be a special treat every now and then.

1  Thank Nigel F