“Great again!”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great again!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to The Enchanted Forest, the last time was at the Explorers Garden which was disappointing, so glad that they have come back to Faskally. The light show as great and the combination of lights, music, trees and water make for a magical experience. We went on the last night and even after 3 weeks with some inclement weather the paths were still really good. It was different this year being able to walk around in any direction and just take in the music/light shows as and when you wanted, but we managed a figure of eight walk, crossing the bridge twice!
Yes there are bottlenecks at some points, but as long as you are patient and chill out you will have a good time.
Tried taking some photos, but they just don't do it justice, really just have to experience it for yourself.
The transport and organisation was super, think the later evening trips would be a little less busy.
My only gripe was the price - I know all these lighting effects are costly, but I think £17.50 is just to dear! As a local I would like to go every year, but I think it will have to be a special treat every now and then.

1 Thank Nigel F

dumfries scotland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Enchanting?...not really.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited this attraction last Friday 18th. Was really looking forward to seeing it after all the good reports. Something I'v wanted to see for sometime. The bus trip out was well organised & added to my excitement. It was a very wet night but this did not dampen my spirits. I couldn't wait to be enchanted but sadly this never happened! It was over crowded & the paths were under light. The lights were nice but did not give me the wow factor I was looking for! The music in my opinion was terrible! Not at all enchanting or absorbing!! Just weird & very disappointing. Well I'v been... Needless to say I won't return.

Portgordon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The Enchanted Forest experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Wow! have been trying to do this for a few years but coulod never get accomodation. Made it this year and it is well worth going to see. Probably the best 'Son et Lumiere' show you will see in the UK . The organisation was superb from the greeting at the Fishers Hotel to the bus organisation. Very professional organisation. Highly recommended.

Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Over-rated, overpriced and disappointing”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I had been desperate to visit the enchanted forest for many years and finally was able to go this year. After much hype and expectations I was very disappointed. I thought the area would have been much bigger and would have been a lot more to see. Instead it was a very short walk around a small pond. There were far too many people and most of the time we were stuck in crowds unable to move. Far too many tickets have been sold which is just greed and spoils what could have been an enjoyable experience had the entry price been much much lower
The £17.50 entrance fee is grossly overpriced. For this price you would expect a lengthy trail into the woods with a lot to see and less crowds hampering your every step. Not very enchanting and worth less than £4-5 per ticket.
The weekend visit for myself and my husband cost a total of £160 and we wish we had stayed at home.
Very disappointed

1 Thank Jiylees
Edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enchanted forest, Pitlochry”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just back from visiting the Enchanted forest in Pitlochry. Amazingly well organised and smooth experience. It sounds very simple - lights that change colour to music, but when you see them light up the trees and then add the reflections on the water it becomes a truly magical experience. Just lovely.