Fisher's Hotel
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
$136
$177
  • Breakfast included
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Rosemount Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
Hotels.com
1,320 results
All reviewswhisky or sherryon arrivalrefurbished roomthe main streetthe hotel car parktrain stationwee drambreakfast was buffet styleevening mealwelcome drinkthird floorcentral locationweekend breakwaiting staffnew ownerssingle roomlovely touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We booked two rooms at this hotel and were allocated 321 and 326, both on the third floor. Room 321 was large, airy and light. Room 326 was a hole. There is a reason that attics are used only for storage: they are cramped and dark. When checking out I was asked if I had been happy with my experience and my complaint about the room was met with a shrug.

The larger of the two rooms was very nicely furnished with sufficient space to move around and plenty of lighting for bedtime reading. The attic room had neither, although it did have a lovely view once you looked past the carpark and roofs below.

The staff are very good, although I did find it odd to hear an American visitor being told that there was no oatmeal porridge available, even though it was on the breakfast buffet. Turns out the server didn't speak English.

The breakfast is excellent, really superb scrambled eggs, along with haggis, black pudding and whisky to go with the oatmeal porridge.

No wifi in the rooms, but excellent (free) wifi in the ample and comfortable lounges.

Apparently the hotel computer system cannot print a copy of an invoice - unbelievable in this century.

Room Tip: Don't accept an attic room that costs exactly the same as a decent room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Dalene D,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Fishers Hotel.
Due to the age and structure of the buildings, the size and configuration of the rooms are not uniform, I believe this adds to the character of the hotel.
Our breakfast buffet is the best way to start the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed the scrambled eggs so much.
I hope to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Once we got over the fact that the receptionist struggled to find our booking everything else ran smoothly. The offer of a wee dram or sherry did make the wait a little easier! Our original booking was for a large king size room with seating area and this seemed to get downgraded between the booking and the reminder we had just a couple of days before our stay but it was still a very pleasant room overlooking the gardens. It would have been nice had there been a seating area out there. Breakfast was self service but was one of the better ones with the food fresh and hot. All in all a good place too stay in the centre of Pitlochry and for those arriving by train barely five minutes walk from the railway station.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a better room to look out over the gardens
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill H
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Jill H,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our breakfast sure is the best way to start the day.

I hope to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and her mother and father,at the beginning of April.We stayed from the Wednesday to the Sunday.My mother-in-law is disabled and cannot walk without a zimmer frame.We asked for an easy access room for my in-laws.I am happy to say everything we asked for was provided.The staff were exceptional and the food was excellent.The rooms are pleasant and adequate.I understand that the owners are working through the hotel and refurbishing,but everything that we came across was well up to standard and I cannot fault our stay here.We wil certainly be returning for another break.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tone01
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Tone1,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us at Fishers Hotel. I am delighted you commented that you found the staff "exceptional" they are a true asset to the hotel, I will share this review with the team at our next team brief.
The easy access rooms are ideal for those guests who require assistance with mobilty. They do book very quickly so the earlier you book the greater chance of availability. I look forward to welcoming you back on another short break at Fishers Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Pleasant stay in this slightly ageing giant. Reception Staff are always friendly and efficient, breakfast is traditional and good, but the one disappointing factor is the Staff's determination to close the Residents' Bar well before the Public bar does likewise.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DubSkaTeuchter
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Dubska Teuchter,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I will discuss your review with my bar team as the residents bar shout remain open whilst we have residents in the bar. I'm delighted that otherwise you enjoyed your visit to Fishers and I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been to Pitlochry a few times but never stayed. This time I booked a hotel with my sister so we could relax and have longer time together. The welcome was very warm and friendly with whisky or a soft drink on arrival and the parking was also free. Although the rooms are a little dated, it was very clean and had a tea tray which was well equipped with drinks and shortbread. The set menu meal was great, good value for money and we had entertainment too. The breakfast was lovely, everything freshly made to order as you liked it. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Edin13

Dear Edin13,

I am delighted you decided to stay with us on your recent trip to Pitlochry and thank you for writing such a nice review. I will ensure your review is shred with my team, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.