“Lovely,Clean,Great Location”
Review of Fisher's Hotel

Fisher's Hotel
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on recommendation from family. Great location and parking at rear. Clean rooms, good size room number 51. Great location, nice friendly staff in hotel and the bar area. Breakfast was good & varied selection to choose from.
Only little minor things I would I disliked was the main entrance door to the corridor where our room was (door was right next to it) it squeaked everything someone Opened it which was a little annoying late at night or early morning but not a major thing, there was no door handle on bathroom door and our window handle was broke also.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Charming hotel with spacious rooms and a great location in Pitlochry town center. We were greated with a glass of whisky which made a nice impression. There was entertainment provided at the hotel a few times a week. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get a better deal on the price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just a step from the train station. Friendly staff. Worth a visit. Pitlochrie has a great number of quaint shops, pubs and entertainment. Also plenty of walking
. Lots of great eating places and the people are very friendly. Do various tours eg-t whisky

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Paid for dinner, bed and breakfast. Got a lovely sized room with twin beds, one of which was similar size to a double. Lovely shower room. Flat screen tv and tea/coffee plus shortbread in the room. Staff very pleasant particularly in the bar.

Had a lovely dinner in the dining room and lovely cooked breakfast in the morning.

Great location and you can sit outside with your drinks and watch the world go by

Would of given 5 stars, but had booked one of their extras-bottle of wine in my room, but that never happened

The other problem was our lock on the door was broken, reported it but was never sorted

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We’ve visited Pitlochry annually for about the last 24 years to take in a couple of the season’s plays at the wonderful Pitlochry Festival Theatre. For many years we always stayed at Fisher’s, as the location suited us really well to leave the car in the car park and walk everywhere.

A few years ago we had the worst experience ever at the hotel, and vowed we’d never return. It was like Fawlty Towers only worse on that occasion....much worse. From then on, we booked up for Scotland’s Hotel instead. Then when we were in Pitlochry again last year we noticed changes were taking place at Fisher’s and received an email advising me of a change of management etc, etc, so for our August 2013 stay I decided I would book again, and give it another go. On this occasion, I booked directly with the hotel.

We arrived to check in on Friday, and the receptionist had no record of our booking, despite me having the ‘Reservation Confirmation’ email, and indeed the ‘Pre-Stay Reservation Reminder’ in my hand – both sent to me directly from Fisher’s Hotel themselves, not any third party. Despite this, we were quizzed for several minutes as to who we booked through, and I was beginning to get a bit narked, especially as at that point we’d no idea if the hotel was entirely full or not! Eventually, once the receptionist had had a glance at our paperwork, she deemed it must be right and set about assigning a room to us, but she was very keen to keep all my paperwork, and I was not happy at all to be left with nothing to prove our booking, so protested and she said she must keep one piece to photocopy, so I relented, but held on to the booking confirmation.

At this point we wondered if we’d made a big mistake in giving Fishers a second go. Anyway, we took the key given for Room 209 and headed up there in the tiny lift with all our luggage..... to find it was a tiny double bed, and not the twin room clearly booked on our reservation. Down we came again, and pointed out our booking was for a twin room. Not getting off to a very good start at all. Our key was exchanged for another to Room 66 and we were both offered a complimentary whisky or sherry! A welcome gesture, presumably after the check-in fiasco. Room 66 is on the ground floor at the back. We’ve stayed so many times, we know where all the rooms are. This was a smaller room, but perfectly fine in all ways for our needs.

As we went around the hotel we noticed many changes – larger areas for dining, change of areas for lounging around, and a much better feel to the place generally. We only eat breakfast, preferring to eat once at the theatre restaurant and once at a nearby Indian restaurant, but it was clear they were catering for large numbers – a good sign things were looking up, so long may it continue.

Breakfast is served in 3 different areas, so on the first morning we did find ourselves being shown to two different tables, as my husband waited at once section to be checked-in, while I wandered to another area, and another waiter was keen to seat me! The buffet style cold selections were not as vast as a hotel we’d just stayed two nights in near Peebles, but all the usual options were there, and the cooked breakfast was very good indeed. The waiting staff were all very pleasant at all times.

We were out and about all day both days, but popped back in and out, (which is why we love the location of the hotel), and a huge party of guest were enjoying a luncheon which smelled really good indeed. At night there did seem to have been some form of entertainment when we arrived back after our dinner out.

There is definitely a vast improvement here, and like some other reviewers, I’d urge people to give the hotel another go, if they had a bad experience in the past.

We shall certainly stay again, as it is so central, (many hotels in Pitlochry are surprisingly far out, especially for elderly people), and we’ve never had a problem getting our car into the adjacent car park. However, I would recommend you always take along your booking confirmation!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the night of 7th July 2013. For my particular circumstances, the location was perfect as right next to the train station - it has it's own gate on the platform. The room I was in had an extremely un-even floor and unfortunately, also surrounded the elevator shaft. (Room 115). In order to stay on the bed at night, I had to sleep diagonally with my head wedged in the corner of the room. The whole hotel could do with floors being levelled and re-carpeted - as none of them fit properly. The village it's self is lovely. The hotel is directly opposite a traditional Scottish café, there is a whisky distillery less than a mile away, another within 3 miles. I would return to Pitlochry, but not this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to book away from the elevator shaft - if you want to sleep at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've stayed here many times and loved it. This trip however they did not know what kind of room I had booked and that dinner was included despite I had booked direct with the hotel. My room window would not stay open so they stuck a wee bit of wood to hold it open a couple of inches! It was very hot while there so I asked for a fan. I got one and it was absolutely filthy and when I switched it on black dust blew all over me . I cleaned it best I could but it was useless and don't think it was even PAT tested. I was afraid to complain yet again as felt they would only make things worse for me. I have emailed the hotel three times sine my return and they have never even acknowledged me! I have to say its a fab location and the food was lovely . The waiting staff very nice as were the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo