“Glad we booked here”

Fisher's Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
“Glad we booked here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

After looking for hotels in Pitlochry we booked here but were concerned after reading the reviews. However it was a pleasant surprise, a great atmosphere (how much down to the enchanted forest event I don't know) and staff were all polite and helpful. I had taken note and requested a modernised room which we were happy with. I should say though that the rate on the wall shown for the night was £150 and I would have been disappointed in the room if I had paid that rather than substantially less.

We will be returning here on our next trip, can't beat the location!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Forfar, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Four of us went to the hotel before a trip to the enchanted forest for a bar meal, whow , we entered the bar at 4.30pm ordered our meal at 4.35pm received our last course of a dessert at 6.25pm minus the cream for one of the orders.The food was excellant but the service absolutely terrible, the staff did not seem to be organized at all especially being geered up for the forest trips, we even offered to cook the meals ourselves which i think would have been a lot quicker.

Room Tip: my tip would be to shop around ,there is plenty other establishments to eat in
2 Thank rich060

Travelers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels

Cairns
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for just one night, we just walked in with no booking and were offered a Double room at reasonable price of 82 pound including breakfast. We're not spring chickens but we noticed that there were many aged inmates staying here and it had a nursing home feel about it. We were told our room was newly renovated, so, I could hardly wait to see it! The first thing I noticed was that the door frame upon entering the was very low, I had to duck to get in and I'm just on 6 foot. The room was renovated but back to about a '50's style. Then we when noticed that the en- suite had not been cleaned after the previous guests, yuk. In fact my wife started to clean the bathroom as the cleaning equipment was left in the room. I mentioned at the front desk that the bathroom had not been cleaned and they did apologise and sent someone to the room to finish cleaning. Upon waking we went downstairs to have breakfast which was being served in a huge ballroom, breakfast was okay but kind of freaky with waiters standing to attention waiting to clear the tables. Overall staying at The Fisher's Hotel was a bit of an adventure for us, Oh, and we did enjoy the drinks and dinner at the pub next door.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumbarton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The most comfortable bed I have slept in in a very long time! All the staff we met were friendly and helpful. Food excellent. There did seem to be an issue of understaffing with regard to drinks at dinner, though. It was well over half an hour before we were offered a drink from the bar. We ordered some wine, which eventually arrived AFTER we had finished our main course. The young lady from the bar was running backwards and forwards along the corridor like a headless chicken. Could the waiter not have PHONED the orders along and saved her a few trips? Also a tray might have helped, rather than one or two glasses at a time. Otherewise, a very enjoyable stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is clean, quiet, centrally located in Pitlochry. Parking was slightly difficult about 100m away in a fairly reasonably priced car park. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was a bit slow. We were there on a busy weekend for local events so the price wasnt cheap.

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

just read below review about this hotel very suprised to read such a bad report as we were in the hotel at the same time 5th - 9th oct. and found this hotel to be excellent. staff were terrific and the food was spot on and our room was always kept tidy by the excellent house keeper.i must also say that we are not 60 yrs old and didn,t know there was an age limit when visiting any hotels. regards mr & mrs campbell.

2 Thank william c
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Upon arriving at the Fishers hotel you would be blind not to appreciate its impressive exterior, however this is really where the niceties end. Having booked a double room at this hotel on the 16th of July 2012 and not actually staying there until the 6th of October 2012 I did not expected to be greeted at reception with the words ' I’m sorry but there are no double rooms left, is that ok' after a long pause and thoughts of keeping my composure I replied 'Well no not really, I booked a double and this should be what I am getting' after very little deliberation with what seemed to be a supervisor myself and my partner were advised we would be in a twin room for the evening and would be compensated with a free bottle of wine, which was nice wasn't it??
Well no it wasn't, as after what we discovered what was to be our room for the evening I feel a free bar of gold would have been more fitting!! after wondering aimlessly around what can only be described as a maze, we followed the sent of paint and finally arrived at our room, we entered to find a room at a temperature suitable for polar bears, a TV from the dark ages with a remote control that I thought was a Nintendo games controller - and was also nicely laced with the remnants of other peoples skin!!! The wardrobe was propped up with a piece of newspaper, the window did not close properly and the beds were like something from the borrowers.
After we finally sussed out the heating system we wondered back down stairs to advise the delightful reception staff that we would be eating in the bar area she said no problem I shall arrange a table for you at the eloted time we had chosen. Myself and my partner went out for a stroll along the high street, which I must say was very well kept and boast's some lovely shops and cafes. We then returned to the hotel to change for dinner, upon arriving at the aptly named SNUG bar - there were about 10 tables, no music and the clientele were all well above 60yrs of age, we walked up to the bar and were greeted by 2 members of staff with very little idea of what we were doing there, I explained to the bar staff we had arranged with reception at 3pm that day to eat in the bar this was now 6.45pm to which the bar man replied ' I don’t know what you are talking about ' when almost as if by magic the receptionist appeared and we were served our free bottle of wine, in a wine cooler...with no ice and 2 roasting hot glasses mmm..tasty!! After waiting about 10 minutes with zero acknowledgements that we had no table to sit at a lovely elderly couple offered to give us there table and we ordered our meals....
My partner chose the steak pie which I feel should be renamed as 'riddled with fat pie served with 8 chips' and I chose the cheese burger, which seemed to be laced with vinegar - after a highly un-appetising meal we left for the enchanted forest - which was breathtakingly beautiful - I was impressed that there was a bus service from outside the hotel running to and from the attraction - this was one of the very few good points about the Fishers Hotel.
When we returned to the hotel there was some in house entertainment which consisted of a Mr Boom replica singing his heart out to all of 8 people, every word of what was being sang could be heard loud and clear in our room as could the congregation of people gathered outside for a cigarette!!
As you can imagine myself and my partner came to the village to attend the enchanted forest, we hoped for a romantic weekend away in a quaint village with a nice hotel, what we ended up with was a complete farce of a hotel which I found over priced, unforgettable – not in a good way and bland. I wouldn’t return to the Fishers hotel if someone paid me – which at £150 per night they definitely would need to be mental, avoid at all cost’s unless you really, really love mushrooms as that’s all this place has going for it

7 Thank Theclell84