“Enchanted forest weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dunmurray Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
Dunmurray Lodge
Ranked #9 of 68 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Helensburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Enchanted forest weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a fab family friendly guest house. The room was beautiful with attention to detail, and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it, with a large choice. The location is in a quiet street whilst only being a 5 min walk to town centre. The hosts are very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Macmerry, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

like to thank Tony and Irene for there hospitality. Just back from a lovely weekend away to pitlochry. What topped the weekend of was staying at Dunmurray lodge. Me & my girlfriend stayed in the 'Grant' room for two nights. Cant fault anything in the room everything was perfect & i would love to come back again. There breakfasts where something else & cooked to perfection. i had the fry up on the saturday & smoked salmon with scrambled egg on the sunday followed by pancakes (mmmmme) . SUPERB value for money. Please dont take my word for it go find out for yourselves !! rate 10/10 !!

Room Tip: 'Grant' room is on the Ground floor with easy access to the front door .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart N
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Mrs Benny and I booked fairly last minute as a result of TA reviews. We paid £70 for the night which included a breakfast which I'll come to shortly.

Location/Appearance - Easy to find, lovely house in a very quiet location within easy walking distance to the town centre.

Room - We were lodged in the Kerr room which had everything you would ever need for a nights stay! I genuinely could not think of anything that was missing. A nice touch was that you chose your breakfast and left the completed form in a wee basket the night before to order what you wanted. The room was warm, quiet, had a comfy bed and was very very clean. Well done!

Staff - Tony and Irene made you feel at home. We had a wee mishap with the outdoor key (Mrs B's fail honest!) and they coped without breaking a sweat. Service/smile factor 10/10.

Breakfast - Mrs Benny went for the porridge (proper porridge) and smoked salmon/scrambled egg on toast 10/10. I went for the low calorie option of bacon, egg, sausage, beans, black pudding, fried bread, hash brown all washed down with choice of White/brown bread toast with pot of tea and great choice of cereals and breakfast juices. Overall absolute 10/10.

If we have another wee break in Pitlochry, Dunmurray Lodge would be the first accommodation choice!

Canyon Country, CA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

A friend and I stayed there for a week and never wanted to leave. Tony and Irene really go out of their way to help you with whatever you need. Our train got in at 1:00pm, and we had been told to call once we arrived. We called, and Tony came and got us! Because we arrived before check in time, they tucked our bags out of the way and we went and got some lunch, armed with suggestions from Tony.
The room itself was plenty big for 2 people, with a good sized bathroom. The shower was full size, not one of those dinky types some places have. Almost instant hot water in the shower, with plenty of water pressure for washing hair.
Breakfast-I'm still full! The best porridge I've ever had in Scotland, and I have it every time I go, so I've had a lot of porridge. The "full Scottish" breakfast will really keep you going until late afternoon.
I would stay at Dunmurray Lodge again in a heart beat, and I've recommended it to many friends.

Room Tip: Dunmurray Lodge is on a quiet street, so noise shouldn't be a problem. The only noise I can reme...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I had a really comfortable stay here last year and this year I paid for my sister and brother-in-law to stay as an anniversary treat. Tony & Irene were really helpful in letting me arrange this and sorting out the payments etc. They really made my relatives feel special and they were delighted with their stay. I can't recommend Dunmurray Lodge highly enough for going the extra mile.

Ghaxaq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Dunmurray Lodge for 2 nights and it was really an experience. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was outstanding. The room was very spacious and very well furnished. Tony did also give us some hints on where to have dinner and both locations were really good. Since we were travelling by car, the fact that they had a parking at the rear of the house was appreciated as well. It made our stay at Pitlochry even more enjoyable! Thanks Tony and Irene

Wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Although not cheap, Dunmarray Lodge provides a high quality of comfort. The rooms are spacious and elegant. In addition to the rooms is a lounge specifically for guests. They do posses a family room with a child's bedroom coming off the main room. The conversion of this substantial house has largely been successful, although if you believe yourself to be anything over average size I would highly recommend that you call ahead and ensure you have a large en-suite. If they cannot provide you with this I would consider looking elsewhere as the shower cubicle and en-suite room was the smallest I have ever stayed in. I am 6' with a slim build, but the experience of showering was cramped and mildly irritating.

Back to the good bits. Pitlochry is an attractive and busy location so expect rooms to sell out early. The owners are very welcoming and make a point of coming out to speak to each guest at breakfast time. Although I did not require assistance, I observed their helpfulness to other guests. The breakfast was of high quality with plenty of choice. I recommend the pancakes.

There is off-road parking to the rear of the property, although in truth there is probably one space too few to cater for the typical number of guests. The location is excellent, quiet but within an easy walk of town. Those wishing to eat an evening meal have several options, although not so many as would be expected for a tourist town of this size. Probably the best option is the bar of the Moulin Hotel, maybe 15 minutes easy walk from the B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple