“Mackenzie's Magic!”

Mackenzie's Coffee House & Patisserie
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Pitlochry
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Relaxed French style cafe experience Fine French Patisseries & cakes made on the premises, Range of light lunches using locally sourced produce. Friendly welcoming atmosphere, Europe’s most popular coffee Segafredo Zanetti Eat in or Takeaway, Seasonal daily specials. Child friendly.
Derby
“Mackenzie's Magic!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We popped into Mackenzie's for full Scottish breakfast which was well presented, high quality local ingredients and cooked well.
Friendly staff- throughout the busy time we were there.

We had a couple of cakes to take away for later in the day which were disappointing- relatively expensive and not very tasty.

• Visited April 2013

Heidelberg, Germany
“Very good tea and pastry shop in Pitlochry”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped into Mackenzie's for a quite scone and tea this afternoon. The tea was plentiful and very inexpensive--a large pot for one pound seventy each (two of us). My daughter had a fruit scone with butter and jam for one pound seventy that she thoroughly enjoyed. We sat at a table by the window and watched the tourists walk through downtown of Pitlochry. The young gal at the counter was extremely friendly. There was a good selection of cakes and sweet breads. Also serves coffee and specialty coffee drinks. We very much enjoyed this little place.

• Visited April 2013
“Pretty awful”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Sorry guys but this is Pitlochry and you will have to do better. My coffee was awful. Was it instant. Tables dirty. If it was summer ok would cut you some slack but not in January.

1 Thank fiellis
glasgow
“Oops!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Looks good from outside but.....
Very expensive for a couple coffees and one cake which wasn't v good.
Got the order wrong but dealt with pleasantly.
However, an Italian couple sitting on stools were treated very shoddily by the woman serving behind the counter. The customers were literally sitting at the counter but she decided that they had to follow the rules ie order at the bar and we'll bring it over in a sharp tone. Come on! Take the order and appreciate the customer! Hardly the best way to show Scottish Hospitality. You guys can do better!

1 Thank rossk1Glasgow
Knoxville, Tennessee
“They don't like food or customers at this place”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were touring Scotland in June and this cafe with a patisserie in Pitlochry looked very appealing. With all the really good places in Pitlochry to choose from, we chose the worst. I ordered an open-faced shrimp and smoked salmon sandwich which sounded delicious. First of all, the server brought me a wrap and when I said I hadn't ordered that she argued with me and finally stomped away to reorder it. Finally, after a long wait, she slammed a plate down in front of me begrudgingly. It contained a slice of bread on top of which were s few scrag ends of smoked salmon, the dark grey bits of the fish you don't eat. On top of that were five tiny shrimp from a can. The whole thing was swimming in salad cream--there must have been half a bottle full poured over it. My companions had already finished their stale and stodgy scones so we left immediately. I couldn't eat the slop that had been served to me. I felt sickened by the service, high prices and totally disgusting food.

• Visited June 2012