All reviews coach house marble staircase country house hotel dressing room lovely hotel dining room the main hotel lovely grounds log fire public areas superior room high standard four poster bed dinner menu first class sitting area lamb
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night with my dog and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience from check in until check out. On arrival I was presented with a gift box containing treats for my dog which was a nice touch. The room I was allocated was on the top floor and contained fairly traditional furniture and was comfortable. The bathroom was modern and had an excellent shower. When I came down for dinner the hotel staff had very kindly already made up a table for me in the bar area so that my dog could stay with me while I ate. The food was terrific and I would like to have been able to stay for another couple of nights to try some of the other choices on the menu. The hotel grounds were a pleasant place to walk the dog after dinner. At breakfast I was again happy to find that a table had been made up for me in the bar area. Check out after breakfast was straightforward and all staff that I spoke to were very pleasant.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2019

The Pine Trees hotel is very nicely located near the center of Pitlochry - at walking distance of many shops, pubs and restaurants.
Rooms in the Pine Trees Hotel are spacious and complete although in some of the rooms the furniture is a bit old.
We recommend to avoid rooms above air conditioning facilities for the kitchen: the air conditioning (cooling) equipment is very noisy and operates 24/7: we initially were given room no. 5, just above the cooling unit, but fortunately it was possible to move to another room (note that the hotel staff was very helpful and willing to make the necessary changes).

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My husband I stayed with my mum and her dog last night - it was a present for my birthday. We were staying the apartment just off to the right of the main hotel building.

The whole place - the grounds, the main hotel and our apartment - is just stunning. Everything is so clean and well maintained.

The apartment was also very clean, beautifully furnished and incredibly spacious. We had a double bedroom with an en suite, twin bedroom with separate bathroom and a huge living area. There was a really thoughtful gift box in the room for the dog.

We had dinner in the main hotel which was excellent. Staff were friendly and efficient, the drinks selection extensive and the food absolutely delicious.

Special mention to the decor in the lounge area - it's absolutely stunning. The pictures on the website, although great, don't do the place justice.

We'll definitely think about coming back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2019

We stayed for our anniversary in the Molyneux Suite and can not fault anything about this hotel. Great staff, good breakfast and evening meal and the most amazing room we have stayed in. We will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

We called and booked a room and arrived within half an hour. We were welcomed at reception by a lovely girl and received a little goody pack for our dog. That level of service continued through our whole stay ... the staff in this lovely hotel are a real asset.
Our room was in the coach house at the back of the hotel. The room and sitting room were large ... only complaint was they are super warm !
We ate in the hotel , food was very good and wine reasonable price. The staff kindly set up a table in the lounge for us so that we didn’t take the dog into the restaurant, they offered to do the same for breakfast, but we declined the offer.
The hotel is lovely, stuffed with grand sofas, beautiful old bar... grand but definitely not stuffy.
We walked round the beautifully kept gardens In the morning. A real treat and I would love to go back .

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PineTreesHotel, Manager at Pine Trees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear KaiGuy,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Pine Trees.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the booking process quick and easy..

We generally ask housekeeping to leave the radiators on low when a guest is checking in so that the room ins not cold for your arrival but can be easily switched up or off should you prefer. Perhaps this was missed in the room you walked into.

It was great that you were able to eat with us in the evening also, our new Kitchen team is making great strides with the menus they are preparing daily for us. It is also good to hear that the team were able to accommodate you with your dog comfortably in the bar area.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again when you are next in the area.

Kind Regards